1.0 FTE Special Education EBD Teacher for Setting 3/Center-based position beginning with the 2021 – 2022 school year.
* Develop and implement positive behavior and social skills curriculum.
* Develop and implement academic curriculum.
* Conduct assessments as part of the special education evaluation process: academic, observations and Functional Behavioral Assessments.
* Provide case management for students.
* Maintain student records of services provided.
* Participate in IEP and in-take meetings.
* Performs other related duties as assigned.
* EBD licensure preferred – ABS licensure would be considered.
* Current Certification in Crisis Prevention Intervention (CPI).
* Experience in developing and implementing a variety of behavior strategies and interventions for effective programming, including Functional Behavioral Assessments.
* Experience implementing strategies for improving social skills.
* Ability to lift up to 50 pounds weight (and/or up to adult-size body weight with two-to-three person lift).
* Experience with standardized assessment tools.
* Knowledge of Special Education Due Process procedures.
* Skills in developing Individual Education Plans (IEP’s) and Behavioral Intervention Plans (BIP’s)
* Ability to communicate with parent/guardian and team members.
Internal Applicants: Open until interviews begin.
External Applicants: Open until filled
Please apply online.