We strongly believe that diversity of experience contributes to a broader collective perspective that will consistently lead to a better school system and better results for all students. We are working hard to increase the diversity of our team wherever we can and we actively encourage everyone to consider becoming a part of it.
Special Education Teacher- FTE 1.0 position
Location: Heritage Middle School
Per Teachers’ Master Agreement 2021-2023
- Minnesota Licensure in Special Education K-12
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with students, parents, staff, administration and the general public;
- Knowledgeable regarding relevant learning technology and proficient in its use;
- Ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing;
- Experience and proficiency in the implementation of current best practices in instruction and learning
- A passion for supporting students regulate their emotions and behavior to reach their highest potential.
- Ability to use the Resource Model and small group support as needed.
- Experience with evaluations preferred.
- Intercultural competence, including the ability to effectively teach students from diverse racial and cultural backgrounds