Shakopee Public Schools is looking for Elementary Specialist Teachers in the areas of physical education, art, music, and media to join our Elementary Summer Saber Squad team working with rising 1-5 graders. We are taking a different approach to our elementary summer program this year. Our Elementary Summer Saber Squad program will focus on team building, game-based learning, SEL learning and support, AND outdoor play. Our specialist teachers will work together to plan and provide creative learning through physical activity, art and music. This is integrated throughout the summer school day according to the weekly theme.
Summer Saber Squad Program Description:
Our Elementary Level Summer Learning Program is designed for our rising 1st – 5th grade students to provide an extra boost for success moving into the upcoming school year. Each week of the 5-week program will be an active and engaging experience centered around a theme for students to explore. Speakers, games, and field trips will be integrated into each week. In addition, students will receive math, literacy, and creative play to support becoming a more confident learner! Breakfast and lunch for each student, as well as transportation, will be provided.
Days of the week: Monday – Thursday
Dates: July 12th – August 12th
Student Contact Hours: 8 AM – 1 PM
- Teaching license issued from state of Minnesota
- Understanding of working with at risk and/or struggling learners
- A commitment to student success
- Ability to form relationships with students and families in a short period of time
- Belief system (demonstrated in words and actions) that all students can learn and be successful
- Content expertise in Physical Education, Art, Music, and/or Media
- Great team player
- Strong communication skills
- Accountability and reliability
Apply online at http://www.shakopee.k12.mn.us/ under posting number 4809.
Applications will be reviewed until the position is filled. Those selected for interviews will be contacted.