Eisenhower Elementary is seeking a teacher who can join our dynamic innovative team as a STEAM Specialist. The STEAM Specialist will facilitate STEAM experiences for our K-6 student body by using inquiry, strength-based instruction.
ELEMENTARY STEAM Specialist TEACHER QUALIFICATIONS:
1. Current and Valid MN Teacher Certificate.
2. Masters in Mathematics and/or Science and/or STEM preferred or related field
3. Experience in delivering professional development to teachers.
4. Evidence of at least three (3) years of exemplary classroom teaching experience.
5. Excellent communication skills.
6. A proven track record in the use of a rich array of instructional methods, the analysis and use of data and technology to improve instruction, and the ability to build professional relationships, solve problems, and plan collaboratively.
7. Evidence of productive experience with problem-based learning.
8. Evidence of planning, organization, and time management skills that will bring structure and accountability to the position.
9. Proven ability to apply science and/or math content knowledge, art integration, formative assessment, and technology integration at a high level.
10. Deep understanding of student learning theory, brain-based learning, and differentiated instruction.
11. Deep understanding of NET-S, NGSS, and CCSS.
12. Proven ability to collaborate with teachers regarding student learning.
13. Desire to continue learning “what works” in classroom instruction.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Deliver STEAM-oriented instruction through project-based learning methods.
2. Attends professional development and training related to STEAM programs and methodologies, staying abreast of current research.
3. Employs a variety of instructional techniques, instructional media, and performance assessments, which guide the learning process toward curriculum goals and student learning.
4. Uses technology to promote learning, creativity, and collaboration.
5. Works directly with school administrators and staff in the development, implementation, and evaluation of STEAM initiatives and curriculum.
6. Organizes, develops, and coordinates special STEAM events/activities.
7. Initiates new programs that support the STEAM vision.
8. Shares STEAM events and activities through social media, such as Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.
9. Follows the District’s job description for teacher.
Per the Hopkins Education Association (HEA) Master Agreement.