FTE: 1.0 FTE
Salary: Per HEA Salary Schedule
Eisenhower Elementary is seeking a teacher who can join our dynamic innovative team as a STEAM Specialist. The STEAM Specialist will faciliate STEAM experiences for our K-6 student body by using inquiry, strength-based instruction.
- Current and Valid MN Teacher Certificate.
- Interest / Experience in Mathematics and/or Science and/or STEM preferred or related field.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Ability to use an array of instructional methods, the analysis and use of data and technology to improve instruction, and the ability to build professional relationships, solve problems, and plan collaboratively.
- Interest in project/problem-based learning.
- Evidence of planning, organization, and time management skills required for teaching.
- Understanding of differentiated instruction.
- Proven ability to collaborate with teachers regarding student learning.
- Desire to continue learning “what works” in classroom instruction.
- Deliver STEAM-oriented instruction through project-based learning methods.
- Attends professional development and training related to STEAM programs and methodologies, staying abreast of current research.
- Employs a variety of instructional techniques, instructional media, and performance assessments, which guide the learning process toward curriculum goals and student learning.
- Uses technology to promote learning, creativity, and collaboration.
- Works directly with school administrators and staff in the development, implementation, and evaluation of STEAM initiatives and curriculum.
- Follows the District’s job description for teacher.