Strength and Conditioning Coach, Senior High
TYPE OF POSITION:
Hours may vary based on program needs
Activities Director, Building Principals
MN Coaching license or Bachelor’s Degree in sports/fitness related field OR proven knowledge and experience necessary to coach the activity; previous weight room experience; strength and conditioning certification preferred;
Demonstrated ability to organize and supervise the activity; previous coaching experience and substantive knowledge base in assigned activity; proven ability to work with high school aged students modeling positive character and responsible behavior; orientation toward continuous improvement.
To create, direct, support and fully implement the strength and conditioning program with an education based philosophy of teaching and coaching.
St. Cloud Public Schools a tradition of excellence and a history of accomplishment. We are seeking committed and accomplished educational professionals who are looking to coach in lead or support roles in our extra-curricular programs.
Assist Activities Director with Administrative Functions
- Knows and implements all District and School Athletic Policies and procedures for the entire sports program.
- Understands and follows District procedures for reviewing and responding to complaints or concerns related to the sports program.
- Provides proper safeguards for maintenance and protection of assigned equipment sites.
- Attends staff/departmental meetings related to the sports program.
- Advises the Activity Director and recommends policy, method or procedural changes for the program.
- Teaches and models respect for all participants.
- Supports individual participant development, assisting all participants in reaching goals.
- Communicates training rules and expectations to each student who is considered a participant.
- Provides supervision, assistance and guidance for each participant at all practices.
- Initiates and supervises programs and procedures to address sports injuries and medical emergencies.
- Determines discipline when necessary with attention to due process, contacting parents when a student is disciplined.
- Monitors facilities and coaches’ offices.
- Monitors and supervises participants in authorized areas of buildings at appropriate times.
- Examines work area before and after practices, checking on general cleanliness of the facility.
- Secures all doors, lights, windows and locks before leaving building if custodians are not on duty.
- Instills in each participant a respect for equipment and school property, its care and proper use.
Other duties as assigned
- Frequent: walking, standing, bending, sitting, hearing, talking, and seeing
All Employees of Saint Cloud School District 742 are responsible to support District goals, to work collaboratively and respectfully with diverse populations of staff, students and parents and to model and promote a welcoming working and learning environment. Employees are expected to support and adapt to change and to demonstrate commitment to continuous performance improvement. Employees are responsible to establish and maintain effective communication with students, teachers, support staff, colleagues and parents, respect confidential matters, encourage a safe and secure environment throughout the District, and to be dependable and accountable in the performance of their work.
It is the prerogative of the District to assign staff so as to best meet the needs of the District.