Job Summary: To provide prevention and intervention services for students exhibiting high risk behaviors and their families in the areas of chemical abuse, truancy, and other acting out behaviors.
Responsibilities and tasks include:
- Work with building administration and counselors to identify students exhibiting high risk behaviors (i.e. chemical use, truancy, discipline issues, family concerns, runaway, anxiety, depression).
- Conduct chemical pre-assessments with students as appropriate.
- Participate in building student assistance teams.
- Meet with students referred by building student assistance teams.
- Provide one-to-one counseling and support groups for students as time permits.
- Provide family consultation and support as necessary.
- Collaborate with community agencies to provide services to students and their families.
- Develop and/or implement prevention programs such as peer leadership groups, peer tutoring, mentor programs, etc. as time permits.
- Other duties as assigned by principal.
Minimum Qualifications include: Minnesota Licensed Alcohol and Drug Counselor (or in progress) and bachelors degree in human services related field such as counseling, social work, psychology, or mental health.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities include:
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in written form.
- Possess strong planning and organizational skills.
- Ability to assess chemical concerns in students.
- Knowledge of and experience working with truant and/or other high risk youth.
- Knowledge of dynamics of chemical use, abuse and dependency and its effects on individuals, families, peers.
- Knowledge of current counseling theories and practices with experience in individual and group counseling and prevention best practices.
- Knowledge of community resources for youth and families.
Osseo Area Schools offers:
Meaningful and impactful work
Opportunities to grow professionally
A variety of benefits
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement:
Osseo Area School District ISD 279 is an Equal Opportunity, and veteran-friendly employer.
Osseo Area School District ISD 279 ensures equal employment opportunities regardless of race, creed, gender, color, national origin, religion, age, sexual orientation or disability. Osseo Area School District is committed to a workforce that reflects the diversity of the district and strongly encourages persons to apply who can strengthen our diversity. For more information, view the District’s Equal Opportunity and Prohibition Against Discrimination, Harassment and Violence Policy.
Veteran’s Preference: If you are an eligible veteran, please submit a legible copy of your DD214 with your application.
Accommodation: If you have a disability that requires an accommodation during the selection process, please email Human Resources at HR@district279.org or call 763-391-7007.
Background Check Upon Conditional Offer:
Background checks are conducted upon receiving a conditional offer. Employees must complete a background check and are responsible for the background fee. A passing background is required. Criminal convictions are reviewed on a case-by-case basis.