Description: As a professional substitute you ensure that the quality of education is sustained and maintained in classrooms, and that time is used productively to further student learning. Substitutes perform vital functions in maintenance and continuity of daily education, and serve as educational bridges when regular employees are absent.
Status: On Call/As Needed
Location: Varies by assignment
Wage: $150 for a full day assignment
$160 for a full day for District retired teachers
Performs professional work providing a broad range of teaching services or specific learning program, assisting students to develop skills, attitudes and knowledge needed as a foundation for future learning in accordance with each student’s ability, using a variety of teaching and learning methods at various levels to a targeted audience, and related work as apparent or assigned. Work is performed under the limited supervision of the Principal on a paid on call basis.
Applicants should be a positive, flexible person with good communication skills and enjoy working with children.
Substitute Teachers must hold a current Minnesota Teaching License or Minnesota Short-Call Substitute License.
See the following link to obtain a copy of your current teaching license: PELSB License Lookup
See the following link for more information about attaining a teaching license: https://mn.gov/pelsb/aspiring-educators/apply/
Before being placed on our Substitute Teacher call list we require the following:
1. Completed Substitute Teacher Application (Select the red Apply button in upper right hand corner, create an account in AppliTrack and complete the online application.)
2. Include a copy of your current Minnesota Teach License or Short-Call Substitute License.
3. You will be contacted to schedule a time to complete a New (or Returning) Substitute Teacher Employee Packet and Substitute Teacher District Training modules.
- Employee Information Form
- I-9 Employment Eligibility Verification – The U.S. Department of Justice requires you present unexpired documents from the Lists of Acceptable Documents on Form I-9 – one selection from List A or a combination of once selection from List B and one selection from List C.
- Completed Informed Consent for Background Check ($10.00 fee required, or you may submit a copy of a MN BCA Background Check/Predatory Offender Registry Check completed within the last 12 months.)
- W-4 Form
- Direct Deposit Form
- District required Acceptable Use Agreements and Policy/Training Acknowledgements
It is the policy of Independent School District 332, Mora, Minnesota, to provide equal employment opportunity for all, without discrimination on the basis of race, color, gender, creed, religion, national origin, sex, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, disability, sexual orientation, or age.