Thank you for your interest in Fridley Public Schools, an International Baccalaureate (IB) World Schools district. We are the only school district in Minnesota and one of few in the U.S. that offers the full IB Continuum to students in pre-K to grade 12. As a world class community of learners, Fridley Public Schools aims to develop internationally minded students. We challenge ourselves, our students, and our community to become caring and knowledgeable life-long learners who inquire and take action to create a better world.
Our mission is to guide students in the development of learning skills to help them reach their full potential.
The successful candidate will be an individual who firmly believes …
- In the value of diversity and inclusion in enriching the educational experience of all students.
- All students feel valued and have a sense of belonging.
- All learners have the right to a quality education.
- All learners have the ability to learn and attain self-fulfillment.
- All learners need the strategies and tools necessary to strive toward becoming responsible, independent and productive members of society.
1.0 FTE Grade 4 teaching position to work with students at Hayes Elementary. This position is for the 21-22 school year. The contract days begin August 30, 2021, and there will be additional days the week before for new teacher orientation.
Essential Job Functions:
- Responsible for creating and delivering effective instructional program for assigned students
- Responsible to establish and maintain an atmosphere conducive to learning within the classroom and assist in same throughout the building
- Responsible for the assessment of student progress
- Responsible for collaborating with teaching and learning department, principals, parents, IB coordinators, other staff and professional learning communities to ensure student needs are being met.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Strong desire and commitment to working with diverse students and staff;
- Applying current trends and data in the field of behavior interventions and support;
- Utilizing standardized assessment tools;
- Effectively collaborating with a team; and
- Constructively communicating with parent/guardian and team members.
- Hold a baccalaureate degree from a college or university that is accredited
- Minnesota Department of Education teaching license required for specific assignment
Salary: Per the master working agreement – https://www.fridleyschools.org/fs/resource-manager/view/f8cbb2ec-961a-495d-a77c-7e0488624aa1
Black, Indigenous, and People of Color (BIPOC), women, and LGBTQ+ candidates are strongly encouraged to apply. Fridley Public Schools recognizes and values the importance of diversity and inclusion in enriching the employment experience of its employees and in supporting our academic mission. Fridley Public Schools is committed to attracting and retaining employees with varying identities and backgrounds.
Working Conditions: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employed is regularly required to talk, hear, climb, balance, stoop, kneel, reach for objects, stand, walk, push, pull, lift, and use hands to grasp and feel. The employed must frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds, occasionally being required to lift and/or move up to 40 pounds or more. Specific vision abilities required include close vision, distance vision, and the ability to adjust focus.
How to Apply:
Individuals who wish to be considered for this position must apply online at https://www.applitrack.com/fridley/onlineapp/.
Address Application Materials to: Angaelicka Iverson, Principal of Hayes Elementary