This position is not eligible for internal bidding and is interview only.
Job Title: Teacher On Special Assignment – Elementary Teacher, K-5 Online Programs, Interview Only
Job Location: District Education Center – Department of Teaching and Learning
Accountable To: Administrator of Online Programs
Grade Level: Kindergarten/1st Grade
Start Date: August 23, 2021
Work Schedule: 8 hours/day, 194 duty days
Pay and Benefits: Pay and benefits are in accordance with the teacher labor agreement – https://www.isd622.org/Page/310
Primary Objective: Develop and Instruct Online Course offerings, per grade level assigned, assist in the development of high quality programming for ISD 622
- Current MN teaching license in Elementary Education for grades K-5;
- At least 3 years of elementary teaching experience;
- Professional commitment to standards-based curriculum and professional learning based on student needs;
- Experience in curriculum development, implementation, and evaluation;
- Expertise in the development of instructional practices and materials that support personalized learning opportunities for students;
- Ability & willingness to offer a flexible learning environment for students;
- Evidence of personal credibility with staff and community;
- Awareness of one’s own racial and cultural identities and demonstrated ability to work across difference;
- Knowledge of or willingness to learn about academic standards and requirements;
- Knowledge of or willingness to learn the impact of state and federal education legislation on district programs;
- Demonstrated ability to independently complete projects on a deadline; and
- Effective communicator with written, oral and group presentation skills.
- Masters Degree in Education;
- Online Teaching experience;
- Experience in collaboration with peers;
- Experience in formal and informal leadership roles while a classroom teacher;
- An appreciation of the opportunities presented by an increasingly diverse community;
- Experience or background in facilitating professional learning
- Proven experience working in partnership with diverse stakeholder groups;
- Proven experience in motivating and accomplishing work through others and creating work plans;
- Disposition of a reflective learner with a growth mindset.
Major Areas of Accountability:
- Develop a comprehensive curriculum, using both adopted district curriculum & established content within the learning management system that meets the MN state standard for the content area, enforcing the essential standards necessary for student success
- Create instructional resources that support students in need of additional instruction, as well as challenge students in need of enrichment
- Maintain consistent contact with students and parents about progress in the course
- Monitor course completion for students, maintaining a proactive approach to support and intervention
- Collaborate with online teaching community and administrative staff to ensure an individualized approach to learning for students and their families
- Deliver synchronous and asynchronous instruction that supplements the digital curriculum students engage with on a daily basis
- Incorporate current and student centered content that enhances a students understanding of the course objectives
- Update digital content as needed to maintain current district and state expectations
- Assist in the development of new courses that expand the districts course catalog
- Participate in professional learning communities focused on the student experience with online learning at 622.
- Other duties as assigned.
,ISD 622 is an equal opportunity employer and supports an inclusive workplace environment.