TECHNICAL SPECIALIST – BINDERY / COPIER TECHNICIAN
Full Time 260 days/8 hrs/day
Operate high-speed copiers or bindery equipment used in assembling printed materials prior to shipping.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Prepare and operate copiers.
- Punch holes in paper sheets.
- Crease and compress signatures prior to affixing covers.
- Fasten sheets, signatures, or other printed materials together, or adjusts or tends machine that inserts wire or plastic binding strips into punched holes to fasten pages and covers together.
- Feed covers, signatures, and sheets into various machines for collating, stitching, trimming, folding, ruling, stapling, roughing, indexing, gluing, and perforating operations.
- Remove, stack, and pack printed material in various stages of completion on pallets as it accumulates on delivery table of machines.
- Examine stitched, collated, bound, and unbound publications to ascertain that pages are bound in numerical or folio order according to sample copy, and for such defects as imperfect bindings, ink spots, torn, loose, and uneven pages, and loose and uncut threads.
- Insert illustrated pages, extra sheets, and collated sets into catalogs, periodicals, directories, pocket portfolios, or looseleaf binders, and insert sheets and applies labels to envelopes or periodicals by hand or machine.
- Apply adhesive tape, mylar strips, and index tabs to sheets by machine.
- Wrap product in plastic, using shrink-wrapping machine, packs products in boxes, and tapes lids of boxes shut.
- Record daily production.
- Clean work area around machine.
- Other duties as assigned by the Print Shop Production Supervisor.
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- One to two years experience with machinery listed above.
- Ability to work independently.
- Well organized and efficient.
- Ability to work cooperatively with staff.
- Ability to maintain regular attendance, including completing an assigned day.
- Must be able to lift/push/pull/carry a minimum of 50 pounds.
- Must be able to stand for long periods throughout the day.
- Ability to perform position responsibilities including physical factors, work devices and materials handling, data functions, and people functions.
Rate of pay: $17.12/hour and up, DOQ, plus benefits.
Start Date: 12/21/20.
All Applicants must complete the Anoka-Hennepin Schools online application at www.ahschools.us/employment