The Technology & Innovation Specialist 1 is responsible for providing primary support for LAN, PC and telecommunications hardware and software for assigned sites. Troubleshoot PC hardware and software and assist end users with day-to-day operating problems. Train media personnel, teachers, and administrative staff in basic computer operation, telephone, PC and networking applications. Serve as the LAN administrator for the buildings assigned. Consistent and reliable attendance is required.
Position requires a two-year technical degree preferred with one-year experience that demonstrates proficiency in computer, phone and LAN support. Microsoft & Google Certifications preferred. Position requires basic understanding of local & wide area networks, as well as server management & applications. Working knowledge needed in the following areas:
- The Technology & Innovation Specialist 1 plays an intricate role within education technology. This would include creating & maintaining learning resources including tutorials and videos that support classroom technology as well as evaluating & recommending technology resources in the classroom. This would also include assisting staff with creative and innovative classroom technology integration.
- Windows 10 and Windows Server
- Google G Suite
- Client/Server Local Area Networks
- Student Information Systems (Infinite Campus)
- VOIP telephone and voicemail systems to include programming and configuration changes.
Other Skills and Abilities:
Ability to read and interpret technical manuals and rapidly acquire new knowledge and skills. Ability to research, advise, and resolve problems based on knowledge of standalone and networked PC’s and application software systems. Knowledge of information systems and application software terminology to effectively communicate with non-technical end users, vendors, and maintenance personnel is necessary. Extremely strong customer service orientation and excellent interpersonal communication skills are required.
52 weeks per year / 5 days per week / 8 hours per day / 7:00 AM – 4:00 PM
Classification / Pay Rate:
B-3-2 / $23.10 per hour
ISD 761 IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER AND SUPPORTS WORKFORCE DIVERSITY.