Anticipated Start Date: On or around September 13, 2021(SoWashCo Academy)
Salary schedule based on Teacher’s Contract, previous teaching experience and education.
Benefit information can be found on the District Website under Human Resources and Benefits. Please look under Forms & Publications for specific Insurance Premiums.
Elementary Education License
The Instructional Coach will provide instructional coaching to support staff as they implement personalized learning action steps. In addition, the Instructional Coach will support site/district initiatives designed to increase student achievement. Instructional Coaches will be responsible for supporting staff development efforts related to student achievement, as well as facilitating and monitoring the use of assessments to improve student performance through data driven instructional practices.
PRIMARY JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Engage in individual instruction coaching & mentoring
- Impact Cycle Instructional Coaching for Continuing Contract Teachers
- Impact Cycle Instructional Coaching for Probationary Teachers Years 2 and/or 3
- Participate in Coaching Activities including: instructional walk throughs, modeling, co-teaching, peer evaluations
- Site Induction Mentorship for First Year Teachers
- Support building/district initiatives that impact student achievement
- Assessments & Data
- Serve as unique bridge linking school sites and TLS/REA to provide support for implementation of effective instructional practices, tiered interventions, and other efforts aimed at increasing student achievement.
- Support staff efforts to analyze and interpret student progress and student trend data, including access of Infinite Campus, Viewpoint, NWEA
- Facilitate conversations and collaboration among all stakeholders for the purpose of using assessments and data to drive instructional decisions.
- Provide support and leadership for building assessment teams.
- Professional Development & School Improvement
- Facilitation and support with the district and building staff development team to improve student learning and instructional practices
- Serve as a member of the SIP/ATPPS leadership team to establish, monitor, and adjust building-level goals
- Support the implementation of learning teams (PLCs) to promote collaboration and continuous improvement of instructional programming practices
- Assessments & Data
- Other duties as assigned
JOB SPECIFICATIONS (EDUCATION, LICENSE, EXPERIENCE, KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES):
Applicants for Instructional Coach positions should possess a deep knowledge of pedagogy, strong communication, interpersonal and leadership skills, and have the ability to work with colleagues to assist in the use of data to improve student learning.
- Current Minnesota Teaching Licensure
- Demonstrated performance as a teacher leader & possess collaborative characteristics
- Understands Common Curricular Core
- Understanding of adult learning theories
- Prompt, regular and reliable attendance
- Communicates with students, parents, co-workers, supervisors, and the community in a positive and responsive way that is consistently welcoming and enhances effective work relationships
- Demonstrates an appreciation of diversity in all interactions and job functions
- Must know how to prioritize tasks
Apply online including a letter of interest and current resume
Posting will be removed from the website when the position has been filled.
Equal Opportunity Employer