Job Goal: This position is responsible for establishing and leading a successful high school Baseball program. This position shall set an example as an exceptional professional educator and be ever mindful that the coach represents Austin Public School District and is expected to conduct themselves in an exemplary manner.
Job Summary: This position shall be responsible for administering a successful and competitive program, that includes the development of self-discipline, character, teamwork, leadership, sportsmanship, citizenship, responsibility and academic excellence. This position will be expected to encourage student participation and work with all levels of Baseball programs in Austin to develop a solid Baseball program.
Areas of Responsibility:
1. Practice planning, development and execution
2. Student conduct and discipline in accordance with MSHSL and Austin Public Schools Policy
3. Game preparation and management
4. Equipment Management
5. Student Athlete preparation and morale
6. Public relations
7. Student welfare
8. In conjunction with the Activities office, student eligibility
1. Organize and lead a successful high school Baseball program
2. Provide guidance and leadership to assistant coaches and the evaluation of Baseball staff
3. Prepare successful practice and game plans
4. Establish and maintain rapport with students and encourage participation
5. Organize and lead summer programing within the guild lines of the MSHSL waiver period
6. Travel to and from games with the team
7. Schedule all transportation for contests (all levels) with the activities office
8. Maintain compliance with all rules and regulations of the Minnesota State High School League, Big 9 conference and Austin Public Schools
9. Work collaboratively with staff, families and the community
The candidate selected for this position may be eligible to interview for a Teaching position based on availability. Subject to be determined according to teaching license.