Building Leadership Team (BLT)
- Teacher leadership position (in addition to teaching position)
- Reports to principal
- Meets routinely under the direction of the principal
- Serve as a teacher leader supporting the work of the principal, the BLT, and the DLT aligning the work of adults around improving student learning
- Implement the Continuous Improvement Framework at the building level
- Develop, implement, and evaluate the School Improvement Plan
- Develop, implement, and evaluate the School Professional Development Plan
- Facilitate grade level / department / bldg vertical teams as assigned and called for in the building plans
- Regularly communicate Key Messages to colleagues
- Promote district wide culture of continuous improvement utilizing district and building frameworks
- Serve as a key communicator with staff regarding building initiatives and building issues
- Provide guidance and support for teachers to implement evidence based practices
- Mentor new teachers
- Facilitate embedded professional learning within the content area as appropriate; book studies, article reads, examining student work, model lessons, etc.
- Demonstrated commitment to continuous improvement
- Demonstrated commitment to the equitable education of all students
- Recognized as a strong teacher leader aligned with the district values and mission
- Demonstrates strong classroom pedagogical skills and understanding of action research
- Evidence of effective facilitation skills and understanding of Collaborative Teams
- Demonstrated strong communication and organizational skills
- Strong sense of urgency for the need to align instructional practice to research and 21st century realities
- Demonstrated practice of continual reflection and commitment to one’s own professional growth
Establishing a team representative of the faculty (subjects, grade levels, experience, etc…) will be included as part of the selection process
- Our online application system offers the opportunity to upload additional information such as a cover letter, resume, references and transcripts. Paper or e-mail copies of these materials will not be accepted.
- Interviews will be conducted with candidates that best meet the current needs of the District.
- Review of materials will start immediately.
- The position will be filled on an undesignated time-frame when, and not until, the right candidate emerges.
Studies have shown that women and people of color are less likely to apply for jobs unless they believe they meet every one of the qualifications as described in a job description. We are most interested in finding the best candidate for the job, and that candidate may be one who comes from a less traditional background. We would encourage you to apply, even if you don’t believe you meet every one of our qualifications described.
Equity is one of District One91’s core values and is essential to our goal of putting children first to ensure college and career readiness. A diverse workforce fuels innovation and allows us to better understand, communicate with, and educate our students. District One91 will not deny anyone the opportunity for training or employment because of sex, race, religion, color, creed, national origin, marital status, age, sexual preference, disability, or status with regard to public assistance.