Burnsville-Eagan-Savage School District 191 is a dynamic and innovative suburban public school district serving approximately 8,000 students. The District includes 8 elementary schools with kindergarten through grade 5 (some with voluntary pre-kindergarten programs), two middle schools with grades 6-8, one high school with grades 9-12 and one alternative high school. The District also includes one of the most extensive Community Education programs in the state, serving newborns up through senior citizens.
- The Webmaster will be responsible for managing a program and/or school website, including posting content, updating information, and supporting staff members with their web presence.
- Hours: This position may require 2-5 hours per week at Secondary Levels. Some summertime hours may be required for web updates.
- Compensation/benefits: Per Unit Agreement
- Manage the day-to-day operation of the school’s website, ensuring the functionality, navigation, and overall performance meet the needs of the school. This includes ongoing maintenance and updates including posting/updating/removing content, creating featured slides, and optimizing images.
- Ensure accuracy in grammar, spelling and punctuation
- Ensure consistency with the District 191 Style Guide
- Ensure website compliance with accessibility standards
- Provide guidance to school staff and departments on maintaining/improving their websites (e.g. work with counselors to ensure Guidance Office pages are accurate).
- Gather news and other short-form content to post to website
- Manage school social media accounts, including posting content & engaging fans/followers as needed
- Collaborate with Communications Department on ideas to improve the school website and school communications more broadly.
- Aptitude for technology
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Ability to adapt and problem solve
- Strong and clear writing
- Experience with web content management systems
- Basic understanding of HTML and CSS
- Familiarity with Photoshop
- Experience with digital photography
- Our online application system offers the opportunity to upload additional information such as a cover letter, resume, references and transcripts. Paper or e-mail copies of these materials will not be accepted.
- Interviews will be conducted with candidates that best meet the current needs of the District.
- Review of materials will start immediately.
- The position will be filled on an undesignated time-frame when, and not until, the right candidate emerges.
Studies have shown that women and people of color are less likely to apply for jobs unless they believe they meet every one of the qualifications as described in a job description. We are most interested in finding the best candidate for the job, and that candidate may be one who comes from a less traditional background. We would encourage you to apply, even if you don’t believe you meet every one of our qualifications described.
Equity is one of District One91’s core values and is essential to our goal of putting children first to ensure college and career readiness. A diverse workforce fuels innovation and allows us to better understand, communicate with, and educate our students. District One91 will not deny anyone the opportunity for training or employment because of sex, race, religion, color, creed, national origin, marital status, age, sexual preference, disability, or status with regard to public assistance.