- The opportunity to engage with young learners and their families to assist with translation services so they can receive the best educational opportunities.
- The opportunity to engage with community members in the west metro area.
- The opportunity to form long-lasting relationships with the district and with students as they move through the educational system.
- The opportunity to earn additional income from a well-respected school district in the west metro area.
World Language Interpreter – Chinese
This position has the opportunity to work with students, family, and staff across the district, which includes elementary school, middle school, high school, and district offices.
RATE OF PAY:
$30.00 per hour (verbal interpretation)
$.20 per word (written translation)
HOURS PER DAY; START & ENDING TIME; WORKING DAYS PER YEAR
The hours worked, start and ending times, and number of days worked per year will vary per assignment.
- Interpreters adhere to standards of confidential communication, including the Family Education Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA).
- Interpreters possess the professional skills and knowledge required for the specific interpreting situation.
- Interpreters conduct themselves in a manner appropriate to the specific interpreting situation.
- Interpreters demonstrate respect for staff, parents, and families.
- Interpreters engage in professional development, if requested.
To be determined
APPLICATIONS PREFERRED BY:
We are always accepting applications for language translation services.
PLEASE CLICK HERE TO LEARN MORE ABOUT OUR DISTRICT: www.edenpr.org
PLEASE CLICK THE APPLY BUTTON IN THE UPPER RIGHT CORNER TO BEGIN YOUR APPLICATION.
PLEASE CLICK THIS LINK TO SEE ALL AVAILABLE INTERPRETING JOBS: https://www.applitrack.com/edenpr/OnlineApp/default.aspx?Category=Interpreter
EDEN PRAIRIE SCHOOLS IS AN EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Eden Prairie Public Schools is committed to providing equal opportunity to all employees and applicants in accordance with all applicable Equal Opportunity laws, directives and regulations of Federal, State, and Local governing bodies or agencies. Eden Prairie Schools does not discriminate against any employee or applicant on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, membership or activity in a local commission, disability, sexual orientation or age.