MILACA PUBLIC SCHOOLS JOB DESCRIPTION
Wrap Around Care Aide
Reports to: Enrichment/Recreation and Care
Coordinator Dept: Community Education
Terms: Yearly Notice of Assignment
Hourly Pay: $13.00 per hour
Follow the direction of the Enrichment/Recreation and Care Coordinator and Wrap Around Care Supervisor in a care setting for students ages 3 and 4. Work with
students on crafts, artwork, writing, and other activities. Qualified individuals will be energetic, positive, child friendly, and willing to work in a fast paced environment.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Current first aid and CPR certification, or willingness to become certified
- One year experience of working with children
Special Knowledge/Essential Skills:
- Demonstrates planning and implementation skills
- Knowledge of behaviors and development of children, and appropriate guidance techniques
- Flexibility and adaptability
- Skills in communicating and working with young children, adults, and co-workers
- Demonstrates trust, openness, respect, and caring for others
- Strong organizational skills and a self – motivator
- Ability to effectively manage and supervise students
- Ability to exert up to 50 pounds of force occasionally, up to 20 pounds frequently, and up to 5 pounds constantly
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Program Support:
- Under the direction of the Enrichment/Recreation and Care Coordinator and Wrap Around Care Supervisor, implements and supervises planned activities and developmentally-appropriate group play. Guides children in problem-solving and social awareness skills as needed. Models strategies for positive peer interactions.
- Assists in preparing classroom supplies and materials for the program. Sets-up classrooms according to plans. Prepares beverages, and snacks for classes as needed.
- Assists in supplies maintenance; sets up storage and rotation of classroom materials;
- Promotes and protects the physical well-being of all children. Performs duties to ensure compliance with all relevant health and safety regulations. Provides first aid when necessary and completes required district forms on injury and/or behavioral incidences.
- Communication and teamwork:
- Greets parents and children upon arrival and departure. Addresses parent questions and concerns, as appropriate, or refers issues to the Enrichment/Recreation and Care Coordinator and Wrap Around Care Supervisor.
- Maintains a working relationship with other community education staff, custodians, and school district personnel.
- Attends training sessions, staff meetings, workshops, or in-services as required.
- In the coordinator’s absence, oversees the daily operation of the program.
- Other duties as assigned.
Disclaimer: This description describes the general nature and work expected of an individual assigned to this position. Employees may be required to perform other job-related duties as requested by their supervisor. All requirements are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with a disability.
Apply online preferred or submit letter of interest, district application, resume,
official college transcripts, copy of licenses/certifications, names of references, reference letter to:
Milaca Community Education
500 Hwy 23 West
Milaca, MN 56353