Why Schools Use this Site
Why do Schools use Educate Minnesota?
Welcome to the Educate Minnesota, the online recruiting system designed to help public schools in find and connect with current and aspiring educators seeking employment. Educate Minnesota is part of the Minnesota Educator Recruitment Center (MERC), an effort to meet current and future staffing needs in Minnesota. MERC combines the online recruiting tools of Educate Minnesota with a set of recruiting activities and services to connect talent with employers.
All public schools in Minnesota are eligible to post their jobs to Educate Minnesota for free so you will see the largest number of postings on this site. Public schools include traditional districts and charter schools, and also intermediate districts that provide specialized services not always accessible to traditional schools.
Develop your Workforce
Educate Minnesota allows public schools to post vacancies for all licensed administration and teaching positions, as well as non-licensed education support (paraprofessional) positions.
The basic posting service is free for all schools, and if you use an online applicant tracking system to post your vacancies there is almost zero effort required. See the Employer Quick Start Guide to begin working with your postings.
By using Educate Minnesota, schools will:
- Increase the volume of job applicants.
- Be exposed to students graduating from Educator Preparation Programs as well as educators currently in the workforce.
- Increase awareness and participation in diversity and inclusion initiatives, and pathways to teaching programs.
- More easily comply with statute and PELSB rules.
Educate Minnesota is currently closed to new employers while we develop our technology platform. If you have questions about the project, or would like to be notified when we will be open for new school partners, please contact Chris Hoehn.
Features for Schools
- Your educator postings automatically synchronize with your applicant tracking system. Unlimited postings for unlimited time.
- Don’t have an applicant tracking system? Accept applications online through Educate Minnesota.*
- Boost the priority and visibility of your postings to relevant audiences by distributing to curated resources such as handshake.com, MAESP/MASSP, Facebook, and job seeker email alerts.*
- Add license areas and other information to your postings to better match with job seekers.
- Simple, automatic reports show key posting facts including the number of days advertised, number of posting views, and clicks-to-apply.
- Search the database of job seekers based on license area, location preference, and other relevant criteria.
- Invite job seekers to share more information and/or apply.*
- Review profile for job seekers that have provided access, including contact, photo, video resume, areas of licensure, work experience, skills, location and job-type preferences, and status in your ATS.*
- Notify job seekers interested in your open vacancies as they are posted through automatic job alerts.
School and Community Profile
- Show job seekers how your school and community welcomes educators in your employer profile by including your hiring process and timelines, induction programs, diversity and inclusion initiatives, and career pathways programs.
- Enhance your profile with video introductions such as “meet the district”, “meet a school”, “meet our students”, or “meet a teacher”.*
- Boost your profile with job seekers by referring non-selected applicants to Educate Minnesota.
- Prioritize your district to job seekers as a featured employer.*
Recruiting Events and Activities
- Be represented at job fairs, educator interview days, and other recruiting events in-state and out-of-state.
- Attend Educate Minnesota-hosted job fairs around Minnesota.*
* – denotes a service for which there is some fee. While the fee schedule has not yet been determined the rates will be proportional to the public education sector.