Byron is located in southeastern Minnesota a few miles west of Rochester, Minnesota. It is a community with a family orientated small town feeling with access to the amenities that the Rochester area includes. It is a progressive community with high respect for education and business connections.
Byron’s vision of education is to build a community of learners committed to making the world a better place. Beginning with the end in mind, the Profile of a Graduate is a guide for all of our students and stakeholders from preschool to 12th grade. At Byron High School, the Profile of a Graduate is a four-year program designed to help students reach their highest potential. To help them:
- Fully engage with their education and community
- Explore and develop their skills and talents that will launch their careers
- Get ready for college and/or other post-secondary goals
The successful candidate will demonstrate a growth mindset for outstanding educational leadership, professionalism, and excellence as evidenced by but not limited to:
- Providing direction and instruction for athletic coaches and student-athletes and is knowledgeable and upholding school/MSHSL rules and policies.
- Providing representation at the Minnesota High School League meetings communicating information in writing to the athletic staff.
- Completing all MSHSL reports
- Developing athletic and activity procedures for the school district.
- Demonstrating strong leadership skills and is able to perform all duties in a competent, professional manner.
- Coordinating supervision at athletic and activity events
- Prefer Master’s degree in Education or Educational Leadership from an accredited institution
- Minimum of 3 years of teaching and coaching experience; High School 7-12 focus preferred.
- Prefer Minnesota K-12 Principal License or enrolled in licensure program.