7-12 Alternative Education Teacher
Description: Delano High School is looking for a highly qualified candidate to serve as a full time alternative education teacher. Successful candidates will demonstrate a consistent focus on reflective growth, collaborative skills, and a dedication to student achievement. The Alternative Education Teacher primarily works with 9-12 grade students in two programs (COMPASS and School Within a School). COMPASS is a yearlong course co-taught with our school social worker to support the social/emotional/mental health and academic needs of approximately 12 at-risk learners. SWAS is an individualized set of courses for 11th and 12th grade students in an alternative education classroom setting, facilitating hands-on curriculum aligned to the high school standards and based on student needs for graduation.
Specific duties/roles of the Alternative Education Teacher will include:
- Provides instruction and facilitates learning opportunities through online, offline, and hands-on projects
- Coordinates and organizes student schedules, keeps documentation regarding student progress.
- Serves as the lead point of contact for issues that arise.
- Provides opportunities to students to participate actively and successfully
- Evaluates, selects and modifies resources and activities consistent with the individual student’s needs.
- Provides feedback on student progress throughout the school year
- Prepares students for post high school opportunities
- Establishes a climate of courtesy and respect, managing the classroom in a safe and efficient manner.
- Maintains data and compiles reports regarding students as needed
- Maintains contacts with high school counselors and administration
- Serve as the district-wide Homeless and Foster Care Liaison
- Other duties as assigned in compliance with policies, procedures, and school/district initiatives.
Applicants must possess a license appropriate for working with 7-12th grade students. Preference will be given to candidates with the following licenses: social work, social studies, communication arts, work based learning.
Applications should be submitted through AppliTrack by July 5, 2022 for full consideration by the hiring committee. http://www.delano.k12.mn.us/district/human-resources/job-postings
To learn more about Delano High School, please refer to the district web page at http://www.delano.k12.mn.us
For information regarding the master contract, please refer to the link on the website: https://www.delano.k12.mn.us/docs/district/HR/Teachers_21_23_Master_Agreement_.pdf
For more information about this specific position or for specific inquiries, please contact DHS principal Barry Voight at email@example.com or 763-972-7601 x1701.