The Austin High School Activities department is currently looking for an assistant JV girls dance coach. This position will be responsible for the coaching, teaching and supervision of our JV dance program.
In conjunction with the head girls Dance coach, the general duties and expectations for this position are:
– Has a strong knowledge of and background in coaching and teaching Dance
– Good background in choreography – High Kick and Jazz
– Has strong communication and interpersonal skills as applied to interaction with coworkers, supervisors, parents, community members and students.
– Assist the head coach as delegated in matters pertaining to the organization and administration of coaching the girls Dance team
– Understanding of, and agreement with the Austin Public School District’s Student Activity and Athletic Code and the Coaches/Advisors Handbook.
– Assist in planning, organizing and supervising summer camps and team competitions
– Model the pillars of Character Counts and promote good sportsmanship as the players Pursue Victory with Honor.
– Enforce all rules of the Minnesota State High School League and Austin Public Schools as they pertain to Girls Dance
– Perform other duties as assigned.