REPORTS TO: Building Principal
SALARY: Based on level of education and full years of licensed teaching experience.
Click link below to review the 2019-2021 REA Contract containing salary schedule.
BENEFITS: Benefits available for teaching positions .5 HTE (Half Time Employment) and higher.
Contact the Insurance office @ 507-328-4226 for detailed insurance information. Please reference the exact job posting.
If you have questions regarding a job posting, contact the Office of Human Resources @ 507-328-4253 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Teaching staff traveling between multiple sites must have their own reliable transportation. Mileage reimbursement available.
Independent School District #535 is seeking full-time and part-time Business Education Teachers.
- Provide high quality instruction to secondary students in a classroom environment that promotes critical thinking, high-levels of engagement, and an eagerness to continue to grow and learn.
- Work collaboratively with other teachers and community members to ensure continued learning of relevant skills and authentic application of those skills.
- Support necessary parties in providing learners authentic workplace learning experiences.
- Support students as they develop strong work ethic, pride in their work, and the foundational skills employers have identified.
- Willingness to develop, grow, and promote the program to include all learners.
- Differentiate instruction to ensure students of all genders, ethnicities, and backgrounds experience success.
- Willingness to engage in field training and mentoring with industry-professionals.
- CURRENT MINNESOTA LICENSE IN APPROPRIATE AREA PREFERRED: 5-12 Business Education
- Prior successful experience in urban, multicultural education desirable.
- Demonstrates continued professional development through course work, research, peer collaboration, and/or job-embedded staff development.
- Working knowledge of the subject matter, classroom management techniques, current researched best practices and strategies, as well as students’ learning styles and needs, both academic and affective.
Common and Shared Accountabilities for All Positions
Employees of the Rochester Public School District #535 are expected to support the goals, model and promote an environment that is respectful for all, and work collaboratively with other staff to focus on the needs of the learner. A quality, customer focus that conveys a welcome attitude, an adaptability to change, and a desire for continuous improvement is also expected of all employees. In addition, staff are to respect confidential matters, encourage a safe and secure environment throughout the schools, and be dependable and accountable employees.
Please visit www.rochesterschools.org to learn more about Rochester Public Schools.