9 month/Class 3/5.5 hours per day
HOURS: 9:00 a.m. – 2:30 p.m.
LOCATION: Liberty Ridge Elementary School
Office Professional Contract: https://www.sowashco.org/UserFiles/Servers/Server_1217353/File/Departments/Human%20Resources/Contracts/Office%20Professionals%20Contract%202019-2021%20Final.pdf
This position provides general office support to the building under the guidance of the Office Coordinator and the supervision of the Building Principal. Functions outlined in this job description will vary depending on the assigned building/office
PRIMARY JOB FUNCTIONS:
General Office Functions
- Assists students, staff, and parents, including: greet people entering the office; assists with directions, information, provides positive and friendly customer service in person and over the telephone. Remains cheerful, calm and professional in all situations
- Provides clerical support, which may include:
- Correspondence/flyer distribution
- Data entry
- Lunch count
- Infinite Campus support
- Correspondence and spreadsheets using Word and Excel
- Maintains confidentiality and data privacy for employees and students.
- Treats students and staff with fairness and equity. Understands and supports students and staff with varying cultural, ethnic, sexual orientation, religious, and/or language backgrounds.
- Other duties as assigned.
Department Specific Job Functions, may include:
- Provides coverage for Health Assistant as needed, including: coverage for lunch and breaks, assist during busy times, administers medications and provides minor first aid.
- Provides coverage for Office Coordinator, as needed, including: coverage for lunch and breaks, and assist during busy times.
- Sorts U.S. and District mail, including printing needs
- Provides callers and staff with District building phone directory numbers
- Answers high volume multi-line phone system
- Operates and maintains automated phone-calling system
- Updates pages on school’s website
- Updates announcements and other information
- Performs daily attendance tasks
- Maintains attendance program
- Contacts guardian concerning absence of students
- Prepares various attendance reports as required by district and state
JOB SPECIFICATIONS (EDUCATION, LICENSE, EXPERIENCE, KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES):
- High school diploma or equivalent for all new hires after July 1, 2006.
- Skills assessment in accordance with established OPEIU testing process.
- Actively participates in district-sponsored training when offered.
- Excellent customer service skills in person and on the phone.
- Proven organizational skills with strong attention to detail and ability to multi-task.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- General clerical skills that include working knowledge of Excel, Word, Infinite Campus, Outlook
- Prompt, regular and reliable attendance.
- Communicates with students, parents, co-workers, supervisors, and the community in a positive and responsive way that is consistently welcoming and enhances effective work relationships.
- Demonstrates an appreciation of diversity in all interactions and job functions.
- Must take part in a standardized interview process conducted by HR and the Department/Building Administration. A score of 70% is required to pass the interview. If the bidder does not meet the minimum threshold to pass the interview, the next qualified bidder will be invited to interview
- Demonstrable proficiency in mail merge and label creation.
- Multi-line phone system experience.
- Experience in a school setting.
- Experience with Infinite Campus.
- Basic accounting skills.