We strongly believe that diversity of experience contributes to a broader collective perspective that will consistently lead to a better school system and better results for all students. We are working hard to increase the diversity of our team wherever we can and we actively encourage everyone to consider becoming a part of it.
Position: Head Coach/Advisor – Henry Sibley Marching Band
Location: Henry Sibley High School
Dates: 2020-2021 School Year
Interested individuals must have specific sport knowledge, and personal experience competing and coaching in marching band. All candidates will be required to strive in developing student performers with a focus on fundamentals, respect, and responsibility.
* Candidate will oversee all aspects of the marching band program.
* Candidate will connect with and help to build the marching band program in the district.
* Candidate will be eligible and meet the requirements by the MSHSL to be a head varsity coach.
* Candidate will monitor and maintain the discipline and conduct of student-performers to support the culture of the Henry Sibley High School and the activities department.
* Candidate will follow all policies and procedures set forth by the school district and activities department.
* Candidate will build and maintain positive relationships with all members of Henry Sibley High School and the communities we serve.
* Candidate will embrace the MSHSL “Why We Play” concept.
* Candidate will hold safe, structured, and fundamental-based practices.
* Candidate will supervise and provide a positive experience for all student-performers.
• Candidate will have excellent interpersonal and organizational skills.
• Candidate must be able to work collaboratively as a team member.
• Candidate must be self-directed.
• Candidate will have experience competing at the high school or higher level.
• Candidate will have marching band coaching experience at the high school level or above.
• Candidate will have proven ability to work cooperatively with student-performers.
• Candidate will have proven ability to act in a professional manner in adverse situations.
To be considered for this position, please apply on-line at: http://www.applitrack.com/isd197/onlineapp/default.aspx