Starting wage: $14.28/hour
This person is responsible for planning and providing a safe and supportive learning environment for all students. This includes working with a variety of ages and skill levels within the program, all while displaying a dedication and passion for the subject matter.
1. Teach student life-saving skills in and around aquatic environment.
2. Provides quality programming that is approprite for the ages and learning levels of the participants.
2. Answers questions and communicates effectively with both students and parents.
3. Inspects equipment and facilites used for the program, to ensure safety and cleanliness. Responsible for set-up and take down of needed equipment.
4. Maintains accurate paperwork including rosters, emergency contact information, attendance records, pass/fail status, etc.
1. Age 16+
2. Current Water Safety Instructor Certification (must be kept updated and submitted annually), or willingness to obtain within 2 weeks of hire.
3. Ability to do basic skills in water.
4. Concussion training required (online, provided by employer)
5. CPR/AED and First Aid training recommended.
6. Knowledge and understanding of the Swim Lesson Program.
7. Demonstrates professionalism while working with staff, parents, and community contacts.
Studies have shown that some people are less likely to apply for jobs unless they believe they meet every one of the qualifications as described in a job description. We are most interested in finding the best candidate for the job, and that candidate may be one who comes from a less traditional background. We would encourage you to apply, even if you don’t believe you meet every one of our qualifications described.
Equity is one of ISD728’s core values and is essential to our goal of putting children first to ensure college and career readiness. A diverse workforce fuels innovation and allows us to better understand, communicate with, and educate our students. ISD728 will not deny anyone the opportunity for training or employment because of sex, race, religion, color, creed, national origin, marital status, age, sexual preference, disability, or status with regard to public assistance.