Position: Dean for Student Services
Location: Spring Lake Park High School
About Spring Lake Park Schools:
Welcome to Spring Lake Park Schools! We are a vibrant school community serving about 6,200 students from the suburbs of Blaine, Fridley and Spring Lake Park, in the northern Minneapolis-St. Paul metropolitan area. Our district purpose — “High expectations, high achievement for all. No excuses” – provides our focus to meet the unique and varied needs of each student.
Spring Lake Park Schools is recognized for our commitment to personalized learning, creating a culture of innovation and creativity through human-centered design thinking. We are working to create a system – a culture with a methodology and set of processes – where teachers and staff have the freedom, flexibility and invitation to design new ways of learning centered around deepening student engagement to continuously improve student success.
The dean for student services provides services to students, staff, and families in the areas of behavior support and discipline.
The successful candidate will be an individual who firmly believes…
- all students can and will learn, and that their learning can be directly influenced by focusing on factors over which we have control
- in the need to work interdependently with teachers, school, and district leaders throughout the system, aligning the work of adults around improving student learning by meeting the needs, interests, and aspirations of students
- in the need to work in partnership with staff to continuously improve practices to enhance student and family engagement, creating the conditions for equity, excellence and student success
- in personalizing learning for students, meeting academic, social, and emotional needs and aspirations so that each student feels valued and has a sense of belonging, leading to academic success
- Partner with school administration in the implementation and monitoring of consistent school and staff expectations and practices for classroom and student management, leading to a welcoming and culturally proficient learning community
- Partner with school administration in monitoring and responding to student attendance
- Respond to minor and major student discipline issues that may arise
- Consult and collaborate with staff (e.g., behavior specialists, school psychologist, student services specialist) on the development of proactive behavior support plans for students
- Conduct readmittance process with students and families when appropriate
- Partner with counselors for personalized learning when student behaviors directly impact student learning (e.g., academic dishonesty, attendance, work completion)
- Provide referrals to appropriate school staff for students needing crisis intervention, mental health supports, and/or community resources
- Support the development and implementation of proactive and reactive restorative practices at the building and classroom level
- Provide a channel of communication for students to express concerns around proactive and reactive student supports
- Assist building administration with supervision of after school and evening functions
- Assist with daily student supervision as appropriate
We strongly prefer candidates who have exhibited…
- experience in supporting students in the area of social, emotional, and behavioral development
- excellence in communication with students, parents, and staff
- excellence in collaboration with colleagues and an enthusiasm to work with students
- a demonstrated commitment to ongoing learning, as evidenced by graduate-level work or an earned degree
The Dean for Student Services must hold current Minnesota license in one of the following areas: guidance/counseling, special education, school social work, teaching, or administration (may be enrolled in an administrative program)
Highly competitive salary and benefit package for the region.
How to Apply:
Applications will be reviewed as received and qualified candidates will be interviewed until the position is filled. Individuals who wish to be considered for this position must apply online at https://www.applitrack.com/district16/onlineapp/default.aspx. Only qualified and appropriately licensed individuals will be considered for an interview.
With inquiries, please feel free to contact Matthew Boucher, Spring Lake Park High School principal, at email@example.com.
Equity is a priority for Spring Lake Park Schools and is essential to our goal of putting children first to ensure college and career readiness. A diverse workforce fuels innovation and allows us to better understand, communicate with, and educate our students. Spring Lake Park Schools will not deny anyone the opportunity for training or employment because of sex, race, religion, color, creed, national origin, marital status, age, sexual preference, disability, or status with regard to public assistance.