Summary of Job Duties: The Director of Community Education and Engagement serves as the educational leader and chief administrator of all community education and engagement operations; planning and directing the instructional, enrichment, and engagement programs by ensuring the curriculum, instruction, strategies and assessment of programs are coherent components in the teaching, learning, enrichment, and opportunities process; administering school facilities operations, participating in staff, student, and community activities, organizing, directing, evaluating, and supervising assigned certified and classified staff, and related work as apparent or assigned.
- Serve on the district Cabinet Team; exploring innovative and collaborative opportunities, identifying potential barriers, facilitating problem-solving, and recommending potential internal systematic changes to support fresh, innovative ideas that align with the district’s strategic plan.
- Provide leadership in the development of the community education and engagement learning programs; communicate to ensure programs are meeting the needs of the students, families, and community.
- Provide leadership in the development of the organizational pattern, curriculum, instruction, and stop gap needs for students and families within community education and engagement programs.
- Create and maintain the health, safety, and welfare of students, staff and families; administer equitable opportunities to support the mission and vision of Faribault Public Schools.
- Serve as a liaison between Faribault Public Schools and the community to build and maintain equitable strategic partnerships which support opportunities for all stakeholders.
- Seek out, administer, and manage grant opportunities and special funding partnerships which provide necessary resources to support students and families; offering strategic and actionable steps that lead to authentic community education and engagement connections..
- Provide supervision conducting evaluations while providing necessary feedback, mentoring and coaching of school district employees within community education programs.
- Participate and contribute to district level administration; serve as a communication link between community education and engagement programs and district.
- Plan and direct the business operations of community education and engagement programs; manage the full budget of approximately $3 million that consists of all community education and engagement programs with additional grant revenue, management, and reporting; developing the annual budget and proposals, continuously justifying and monitoring expenses.
- Stay current with best practices for all cradle to career and beyond offerings to ensure students and families are provided with opportunities to be successful.
- Facilitate Community Education Advisory Council and other relevant stakeholder groups as needs and opportunities arise for Community Education and the district.
- Facilitate and promote communication between school and home to promote parent involvement in the educational programs.
- Attend all regular board meetings to represent the community education and engagement initiatives for the district.
This position with the Faribault Public Schools commences on July 1, 2022.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
Hands-on leader with the ability to develop and lead strategic operational initiatives. Thorough knowledge of practices, methods and techniques used in administering and supervising programs and writing and evaluation grants; comprehensive communication skills; comprehensive skills supervising and leading staff and programs; thorough skills monitoring and facilitating a budget; ability to make arithmetic computations using whole numbers, fractions and decimals; ability to compute rates, ratios and percentages; ability to understand and apply governmental accounting practices; ability to establish and maintain effective models of behavior; ability to establish and maintain appropriate files, records and reports; ability to motivate others to reach their fullest potential; ability to establish and maintain effective and positive relationships with students, families, associates, staff, School Board, community partners, and the general public.
Faribault Public Schools Community Education and Enrichment programs offer comprehensive educational programming for students that includes opportunities from cradle to career and beyond for all students, parents and community members. Current programs the new director will oversee include Community Schools, Adult Education, School Aged Childcare, Early Learning and Family Education, Family and Community Engagement, Youth Programs, Adults with Disabilities, Community Enrichment, Facilities Management, Summer STEAM, Strategic Partnerships, and Targeted Services. In addition, this director is the grant manager for the district; writing, managing and evaluating all grants. For an infographic of our robust Community Education and Engagement Department please click here. The next director will have innovative experiences to bring to Faribault Public Schools to continue the great work already in place and expand on current offerings.
Education and Experience:
Licensure by the State of Minnesota as Community Education Director. Experience in educational leadership and strategic partnerships.
Compensation & Benefits
Salary compliments skills, experience and qualification with a 260 day contract salary of $139,253. Faribault Public Schools offers a competitive compensation and benefits package along with attractive perks as a school district employee. The district supports a strong and equitable mission and vision with many opportunities to contribute to the overall organization and community. Additionally, our schools have several before/after-school activities and summer long programming.
- Comprehensive benefits package: health, life, dental, vision long term disability insurances
- Substantial vacation, personal and sick days
- Fully paid single health insurance
- Generous 403(b) match
- State pension plan
- Enticing retirement packet
- State of the art fitness center
- Work-life balance culture
The new director will have access to useful technology devices, along with designated funds for continued professional development. This position is supported by a caring community of colleagues who value a healthy work-life balance.
In addition to a supportive and collaborative professional environment, the city of Faribault has a number of unique characteristics:
- Centrally located on I35; driving distance within an hour of Mankato, Rochester, Twin Cities
- Many lakes with great fishing and boating opportunities
- Revamped historical downtown with many fun shops, restaurants, brewery and distillery.
- Concerts, movies, and farmers market in the park
- Over 10 miles of paved bike trails within city limits; including access to the 100 mile Sakatah-Singing Hills Trail connecting from Mankato to Red Wing.
- Over 57 parks and amenities; including an aquatics park, BMX park, dog park, pickleball parks, several outdoor ice rinks with warming houses, 743 acres of the River Bend Nature Center, and Alexander Park hosting several baseball diamonds, football and track field and the county fairgrounds.
Join an exceptional highly collaborative team of educational leaders today! Everyday our students and staff put their best Falcon foot forward.
Application Procedure: Apply online at our District website at: www.faribault.k12.mn.us.
Application Deadline: May 26th, 2022