REPORTS TO: Early Childhood Family Services Manager
BENEFITS: Benefits available.
Contact the Insurance office @ 507-328-4226 for detailed insurance information. Make sure to reference the exact job posting.
QUALIFICATIONS: Current Minnesota license in appropriate area required.
If you have questions regarding a job posting, contact the Office of Human Resources @ 507-328-4270 or email email@example.com.
- Establish and maintain effective networking and outreach to community and school district agencies/staff (including, but not limited to: public health, social services, Title I, Head Start, and staff)
- Distribute Rochester Family Literacy application forms and cover letters to families/community agencies/staff requesting them.
- Distribute letters to school and community agencies, updating them on Rochester Family Literacy when needed.
- Follow-up with referring agencies to explain status of families.
- Conduct presentations to groups in schools and community about Rochester Family Literacy. This includes having an informational table at various school events.
- Assists families on Rochester Family Literacy waiting list with alternative programming opportunities.
- Maintain regular office hours and returns all messages
- Discuss/brainstorm with site liaison, the type of family, number of children, etc… the respective site has room for. Families with greatest need number and on the waiting list the longest gets higher priority as well as children entering kindergarten the following year.
Intake procedures and record-keeping:
- Complete all intake paperwork for each family, when sites indicate an opening. Make sure families know where they are attending school, when they will start, and help them with their transition to Rochester Family Literacy.
- Support families with scheduling their adult literacy testing.
- Maintain up to date records for each family entering Rochester Family Literacy.
- Maintain records for past participants in the Rochester Family Literacy program.
- Arrange for transportation for each family as needed.
- Update/revise all intake paperwork/forms, Rochester Family Literacy application forms and flyers as needed.
- Performs initial home visit with the family.
- Maintain appropriate documentation to comply with funding requirements and manage information gathering.
- Create yearly annual program report for ECFS manager.
- Attend all staff meetings/in-services for Early Childhood Family Services department and Rochester Family Literacy.
- Coordinate with Adult Basic Education team and Head Start.
- Coordinate early childhood screenings for 3-5-year-old students with the Screening Coordinator.
- Coordinate meals with Student Nutrition Services.
- Work with ECFS office on required paperwork and scholarships.
- Additional duties within the level of responsibility of position may be assigned by the manager or coordinator.
Commitment to Equity:
Rochester Public Schools is committed to diversifying its workforce to better reflect the community we serve. We believe the practices used in recruiting, interviewing, hiring, supporting, and promoting staff must include and honor, at every level, those who represent the diverse identities of our schools and community.
Common and Shared Accountabilities for All Positions
Employees of the Rochester Public School District #535 are expected to support the goals, model and promote an environment that is respectful for all, and work collaboratively with other staff to focus on the needs of the learner. A quality, customer focus that conveys a welcome attitude, an adaptability to change, and a desire for continuous improvement is also expected of all employees. In addition, staff are to respect confidential matters, encourage a safe and secure environment throughout the schools, and be dependable and accountable employees.
District Information: To learn more about Rochester Public Schools, visit www.rochesterschools.org.