Early childhood paraprofessional to work in preschool classroom. This part-time position (approximately 25-28 hours/week) is mostly daytime hours, but may include a few evening hours. Bilingual skills required, Spanish preferred.
Essential Job Functions:
Ability to assist a classroom teacher with children ages 3-5 years of age.
Perform any other related duties as assigned.
Note: The above description is illustrative of tasks and responsibilities. It is not meant to be all inclusive of every task or responsibility.
Use standard office equipment, such as computers and copiers.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to carry out instructions furnished in written or oral form.
- Ability to work with a diverse group of individuals.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of information regarding students, employees and others.
- Ability to establish a supportive and compassionate relationship with students and families.
- Ability to report work orally or in writing to supervisor as required.
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- Willingness to fulfill para competency requirements.
- Bilingual skills, Spanish-language preferred.
Equal Employment Opportunity
It is the policy of the Worthington School District to provide equal employment opportunity for all, without discrimination on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, membership or activity in a local commission, disability, sexual orientation or age.