The Brooklyn Center Community School (BCCS) District is seeking an Early Childhood Special Education Teacher ( Long Term Sub) to join our team for the 2020-21 school year. BCCS is looking for positive, energetic applicants with a deep belief that every student can learn, and having the commitment and passion to provide these learning opportunities.
OUR MISSION: To equip every student with the knowledge, life skills, and global perspectives to contribute to society and respond to the needs of an ever-changing world.
We believe that:
- Relationships thrive when there is mutual respect and trust.
- Honoring each person’s intrinsic value enhances our community.
- Our diverse community strengthens our collective power.
- Caring relationships with high expectations are essential to reaching one’s higher potential.
- Life-long learning is vital for personal fulfillment, opportunity and success.
- Everyone is responsible and accountable for equity.
- Partnerships among students, families, schools and community benefit all.
General Characteristics of a Brooklyn Center Community Schools Teacher:
- Collaborative with all stakeholder groups
- Demonstrates a growth mindset with students
- Willingness to learn and advance research-based teaching and learning for self and other staff
- Focused on creating equitable classrooms and school
- Experience implementing culturally responsive instruction
- Evidence of data driven instructional decision making
- Evidence of building strong relationships and communication with families
- Ability to differentiate for all learners
- Professional and collegial
- Experience with instructional technology integration to support high levels of student engagement
Description: 1.0 FTE. Candidates should be able to work collaboratively across subject areas. Preferred candidates will be familiar with the International Baccalaureate MYP. In addition, candidates should be someone with positive co-teaching experience and is a team player willing to work with others.The candidate should possess considerable experience in the area of transition, both in due process paperwork and in implementing systems to help students gain transition skills; experience working with students with Autism, and passionate about the achievement gap regarding students with IEPs and students of low-income backgrounds. Special education teachers must be very flexible and open to change.
Salary: Based on Salary Schedule
Duty Days: Temporary position to cover leave starting November 2020-Februrary 2021
Qualifications: MN Teaching licensure, Early Childhood Special Education
We’re not a community on the fringe, we’re a community moving toward a center. Moving in unison with a shift in cultural expectations. Our voice and achievement will not be disqualified, we’re moving toward a change in history and hearts.
Standing FRONT AND CENTER so we are seen and heard.
Please select this link to learn more about Brooklyn Center Community Schools: https://www.bccs286.org/
Please select this link to apply online: https://www.applitrack.com/brooklyncenterschools/onlineapp/
BROOKLYN CENTER COMMUNITY SCHOOLS IS AN EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER:
Brooklyn Center Community Schools is committed to providing equal opportunity to all employees and applicants for employment in accordance with all applicable Equal Opportunity laws, directives and regulations of Federal, State and Local governing bodies or agencies. Brooklyn Center Schools does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, marital status, gender identity and expression, disability, age, or status.