WORK CALENDAR: 178 duty days per year. Refer to the attached work calendar in the lower right corner of this posting.
SALARY: $14.67 per hour
BENEFITS: Benefits available for positions working an average of 30 hours per week.
Contact the Insurance office @ 507-328-4226 for detailed insurance information. Make sure to reference the exact job posting.
If you have questions regarding a job posting, contact the Office of Human Resources @ 507-328-4270 or email email@example.com.
- Create a welcoming, service oriented atmosphere in the Library Media Center
- Assist students and staff in locating library materials through the use of the automated catalog
- Coordinate circulation desk tasks including checking in and out books and other library materials and equipment, processing interlibrary loans, notifying patrons of overdue materials and shelving books and other library materials
- Supervise students using the Library Media Center, especially those unaccompanied by building staff
- Assist Library Media Specialist with processing of new materials and repair of damaged ones
- Assist Library Media Specialist with special projects and displays
- Give direction to library volunteers under the supervision of the Library Media Specialist
- Assist with annual inventory of library materials
- Perform other duties as assigned by supervisor
- Minimum requirement; 48 college semester credits and/or a two-year degree from an accredited college or university. Please include official transcript(s) with application.
- In lieu of college credits or degree, one can complete the ParaPro Assessment test. The passing score in Minnesota is 460.
- For more information about the ParaPro Assessment test, visit http://www.ets.org/.
- The test is available to applicants who are presented an official job offer from the Rochester Public School District.
- High School diploma or GED preferred.
- Experience working or volunteering in a library
- Working knowledge of SELCO, Follett Destiny or other library automation systems
- Flexibility and the ability to work as a cooperative team member.
- Positive rapport with children including the ability to correct inappropriate student behavior with fairness and consistency.
- Ability to work effectively with students, staff, families and library volunteers
- Regular, on-time attendance is required.
In addition, the specific skills/educational qualifications for paraprofessional positions include:
- Believes that all students can attain high levels of learning.
- Takes responsibility for the learning of our students and his/her own performance.
- Possesses the knowledge and skills to build effective educational experiences that benefit all students.
- Functions as an effective member of the educational/school team.
- Won’t shy away from today’s educational challenges.
- Utilizes effective interpersonal skills.
- Has a proven track record of success.
- Works with great integrity
Common and Shared Accountabilities for All Positions
Employees of the Rochester Public School District #535 are expected to support the goals, model and promote an environment that is respectful for all, and work collaboratively with other staff to focus on the needs of the learner. A quality, customer focus that conveys a welcome attitude, an adaptability to change, and a desire for continuous improvement is also expected of all employees. In addition, staff are to respect confidential matters, encourage a safe and secure environment throughout the schools, and be dependable and accountable employees.
Please visit www.rochesterschools.org to learn more about Rochester Public Schools.