Internal Applicant Deadline: Monday, March 29 at 4:30 pm.
Edina Public Schools is seeking a full-timeMedia Specialist at Countryside Elementary School beginning August 16, 2021. The Media Specialist will provide Next Generation leadership and expertise to develop, implement, and maintain a digital information media program by working collaboratively with other employees to support student’s technology and information literacy skills.
The responsibilities of this position include:
- Supports teachers in designing lesson plans, preparing instruction, delivering instruction and evaluative materials to maximize the learning of all students.
- Promotes the media program to employees and students.
- Assists in monitoring media and technology needs, usage and trends and assists in the budgetary decision process.
- Provides guidance to students in connecting experiences with everyday life.
- Maintains a safe, inspiring, and welcoming learning environment for all students, parents, employees, and community members.
- Models learning through engaging in professional growth opportunities and employee collaboration.
- Serves as a resource to individual educators relating to the integration of literacy, technology support and technology in instruction.
- Conducts needs assessment to design, develop, model, and deliver professional development concerning the integration of educational technologies and best practices for using technology to enhance instruction, meet curriculum standards, and improve student achievement.
Current MN Media Specialist licensure required.
Experience managing a media program and the integration of technology.
Experience working with middle school students preferred.
Apply online. Attach required documents online or mail to Human Resources, Edina Public Schools, 5701 Normandale Rd, Edina MN 55424. Required documents include letter of interest, resume, transcripts, credentials or three letters of recommendation, and copy of license.
IF YOU HAVE ALREADY APPLIED ONLINE, log back into your online application and check the appropriate position on the vacancy desired page. If you have already sent in your required documents, please do not send those again.