Two positions available:
- (1.0) FTE – (.74) Gage and (.26) Gibbs Elementary Schools
- (.74) FTE – (.55) Folwell and (.19) Churchill Elementary Schools
ADDITIONAL INFORMATION: Teachers traveling between multiple sites must have reliable transportation. Mileage reimbursement available.
REPORTS TO: Building Principal
SALARY: Based on level of education and full years of licensed teaching experience.
Click link below to review the 2019-2021 REA Contract containing salary schedule.
BENEFITS: Benefits available for teaching positions .5 HTE (Half Time Employment) and higher.
Contact the Insurance office @ 507-328-4226 for detailed insurance information. Please reference the exact job posting.
If you have questions regarding a job posting, contact the Office of Human Resources @ 507-328-4253 or email email@example.com.
Essential Tasks and Expected Outcomes:
- Work directly with students.
- Communicate with parents and teachers regarding student performance and areas of study.
- Seek methods to serve the needs of gifted students in typically under-represented populations.
- Collaborate with other members of the gifted services team to refine and implement the curriculum.
- Collaborate with classroom teachers and gifted specialists to support student needs.
- Continue to increase knowledge of the needs of gifted students through staff development.
- Current Minnesota teaching license required. Specifically 1-6 in the appropriate area required.
- Must possess or be willing to pursue staff development in the area of Gifted Education and Equity.
- Prior successful experience in urban, multicultural education desirable.
- Demonstrates continued professional development through course work, research, peer collaboration, and/or job-embedded staff development.
- Working knowledge of the subject matter, classroom management techniques, current researched best practices and strategies, as well as students’ learning styles and needs, both academic and affective.
Commitment to Equity:
Rochester Public Schools is committed to diversifying its workforce to better reflect the community we serve. We believe the practices used in recruiting, interviewing, hiring, supporting, and promoting staff must include and honor, at every level, those who represent the diverse identities of our schools and community.
Common and Shared Accountabilities for All Positions
Employees of the Rochester Public School District #535 are expected to support the goals, model and promote an environment that is respectful for all, and work collaboratively with other staff to focus on the needs of the learner. A quality, customer focus that conveys a welcome attitude, an adaptability to change, and a desire for continuous improvement is also expected of all employees. In addition, staff are to respect confidential matters, encourage a safe and secure environment throughout the schools, and be dependable and accountable employees.
District Information: Visit www.rochesterschools.org to learn more about Rochester Public Schools.