Eden Prairie Schools, home of the Eagles, is an incredible place for students to learn and grow. This district has enjoyed a long-standing reputation of excellence that is built on high expectations for our students and staff. We believe it is our purpose to create an environment of care and support where each student is inspired every day. We do this best by knowing each of our learners as individuals, recognizing their skills and motivations, and pushing them to excel.
More than 8,400 diverse student learners are provided an exceptional educational experience throughout the district’s five Elementary Schools (PreK-5), Spanish Immersion School (PreK-5), Middle School (6-8), High School (9-12), Transition Program, and K-12 Online School. Our dedicated teaching staff are caring, knowledgeable and a vital facet of our Eagle Nation. Learn more about our schools at Eden Prairie Schools
Why teach in Eden Prairie Schools?
Our teachers maintain high academic standards while working to develop students who are critical thinkers, collaborate with their teammates, are creative, and know how to effectively communicate. Our teachers’ commitment to EACH student means that they value the unique skills and interests of all our students. Our teachers have a 97% approval rating among parents. They get to know each student to better understand their passions and curiosity. We value diversity and inclusion, collaboration and learning from multiple perspectives.
Ready to inspire students? Come teach in Eden Prairie Schools!
We are currently seeking exceptional 2021-2022 Special Education teacher candidates for our elementary (K-5) buildings.
The strongest candidate will:
- Inspire each student to learn continuously
- Demonstrate intrinsic value
- Have individual gifts and talents
- Contribute to the benefit of the community
- Build relationships on mutual trust and respect
- Desire to learn and grow through personalized learning
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college or university in the educational field
- Applicants who will hold the following credentials by August 31, 2021 are welcome to apply. We will work with applicants whose license is in process.
- Minnesota Teacher License: Elementary Special Education
We offer a highly competitive rewards package that includes:
- Compensation & Paid Leave
- Starting salary for BA: $43,805 and MA: $64,039; licensed teaching experience considered for higher placement
- Performance Awards available
- Up to 12 sick days and up to 1.5 personal days of leave given yearly
- Health Insurance
- Medical premiums are covered by the district up to 100% for individual plans and up to $1,169 per month toward family plans. Dental premiums are fully covered by the district for individual and family plans. District contributions to VEBA/HRA accounts for select medical plans.
- Fully paid life insurance and long-term disability premiums
- Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA) for pre-tax medical and dependent care
- 403b with a district match of up to 2.25% of annual salary
- District contribution of 8.34% to MN Teacher Retirement Association (TRA)
- Professional Development & Support
- Opportunities for continuous personalized learning and development
- Teacher Mentoring Program including time to meet regularly with a mentor
- Equity Sponsorship Program
- Affinity Groups
*information based on current 2019-2021 master agreement
Click the apply button at edenpr.org/careers to start your application and upload your resume.
Learn more about our district at http://www.edenpr.org
EDEN PRAIRIE SCHOOLS IS AN EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER:
Eden Prairie Public Schools is committed to providing equal opportunity to all employees and applicants for employment in accordance with all applicable Equal Opportunity laws, directives and regulations of Federal, State and Local governing bodies or agencies. Eden Prairie Public Schools does not discriminate against any employee or applicant on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, membership or activity in a local commission, disability, sexual orientation or age.