Check out this link to see some of the things that make OUR district a great place to work! http://youtu.be/PTABWAsbnqY
– Participation in Minnesota State retirement program. Can contribute to 403(b) and may be eligible for district match based on union contract.
– Medical insurance benefits at 25 hours per week. Participation in High Deductible plan includes contribution to a VEBA per union contract.
– Position follows school calendar with the option to work in other summer paraprofessional positions if interested.
Base rate of pay is $16.63/hour. Eligible for an additional $.50 per hour once Highly Qualified status is achieved (2 or 4 year degree, OR 60 semester credits OR successful completion of the Para Pro which is offered by the district once a month). External candidates DO NOT need to meet this criteria until after they are hired. INTERNAL CANDIDATES MUST MEET THIS CRITERIA AT THE TIME THEIR APPLICATION IS SUBMITTED.
Hours per day or per week: 30 hours/week
Position start and end time: 8:00am – 2:00pm (approx. hours)
Available for Application: 10/08/2021 – 10/13/2021 or until filled.
Anticipated Start Date: ASAP
This position is responsible for assisting one or more classroom teachers to provide instructional and/or behavioral support for students whom English is not their first language.
PRIMARY JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Assist classroom teacher in implementing district policies and procedures, including but not limited to emergency procedures, building orientation, confidentiality, student vulnerability, data collection, test administration and classroom management.
- Assist students for whom English is not their first language in all academic areas. This includes implementing curriculum and adapting instructional strategies and materials according to the needs of the student under the direction of a licensed teacher.
- May work with students who have learning challenges or behavioral issues.
- Collect and record student data adhering to the licensed teacher’s directions and requirements. Communicates this information to classroom teacher(s).
- Provide services to student as directed by supervising teacher in a manner that demonstrates knowledge of, and a positive respect for, the distinctions between the roles and responsibilities of the teacher, paraprofessional and other staff.
- Understand and maintain boundaries and confidentiality with students, families, and staff.
- Accept work direction willingly, shift work assignments and accept changing and new job responsibilities as needed.
- Support licensed teacher in utilizing a variety of behavioral management techniques, including redirection and restraints if necessary throughout the day. Supervise students during cooling off time, monitor and document behavior, and implement positive behavior support.
- Maintain a high level of fairness, confidentiality, respect and equity for all students, staff and families.
- May assist in the duties of position within the same classification on an as needed basis. Duties could include, but are not limited to lifting and toileting.
- Other duties as assigned.
JOB SPECIFICATIONS (EDUCATION, LICENSE, EXPERIENCE, KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES):
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Ability to meet District 833 Highly Qualified requirements.
- Competencies as required by State of Minnesota, Federal government, and/or District 833.
- Possess the skills and ability to reinforce math, reading, and writing skills in elementary and/or secondary classrooms.
- Ability to work with students in which English is not their first language.
- Proven teamwork, confidentiality, and communication skills.
- Models appropriate behavior, neat appearance, and proper grammar usage for all students. Helps provide a positive learning environment.
- Self-directed and able to organize small group reading and math activities with resources and assessments provided.
- Actively participates in district-sponsored training when offered.
- Ability to perform routine computer functions, including email, Internet navigation and Microsoft Word.
- Ability to pass Paraprofessional fitness for duty tests.
- Ability to lift and carry up to 10 pounds.
- Prompt, regular and reliable attendance.
- Communicates with students, parents, co-workers, supervisors, and the community in a positive and responsive way that is consistently welcoming and enhances effective work relationships.
- Demonstrates an appreciation of diversity in all interactions and job functions.
- Demonstrates knowledge of basic academics and behavior characteristics of elementary and/or secondary students.
- Demonstrates good organizational and time management skills.
- Spanish Fluency
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER