Pipestone Area Schools is seeking to fill a .5 Health teaching position. This position is at the middle and high school. Specific duties include teaching content aligned with Minnesota content standards and best practices for health, meeting with the PE department regularly, and participating in professional learning communities and other meetings.
- Teaching experience in a Health setting
- Holds a Minnesota teaching certificate, with appropriate endorsement
- Knowledgeable computer user; familiarity with Student Information Systems helpful
- Solid classroom management skills based on current research practices
- Willingness to work with students with unique backgrounds and skills
- Team Player and team-oriented thinker
- Teach multiple levels of Health while providing challenging curriculum for all students.
- Maintain accurate records of students’ grades and attendance.
- Practice and carry out rules and procedures as defined by the Pipestone Area School District.
- Participate in designated staff development and staff collaboration such as in-service, staff meetings, professional learning communities, assigned work duties, etc.
- Support the Principal with supervision of students.
Opportunities are available. See the employment page on the district website.
The teacher reports to the building principal.
Teachers are compensated according to the current master agreement.
Complete an online application. For questions, contact Cory Strasser at 507-825-5861.