DESCRIPTION: Onamia Public Schools is seeking a dynamic and highly energetic individual for the position of Indian Education Paraprofessional. A Paraprofessional assists teachers and administration and helps students with academic, social, and/or behavioral needs.
- Be a resource to classroom teachers for American Indian students.
- Provide tutoring, classroom support, as well as homework assistance for all Indian students.
- Facilitate student leadership opportunities.
- Provide opportunities for Indian students to learn and practice Ojibwe crafts, dance and music through in-class demonstrations, after school activities, Community Education classes and in-school alternative activities.
- Provide culturally appropriate supplies and human resources for culturally relevant activities.
- Provide Ojibwe language and cultural experiences or opportunities through after-school programs.
- Facilitate transportation for activities beyond the regular school day.
- Schedule, advertise and record minutes for Parent Advisory Committee meetings.
- All other duties as assigned by the administration.
REQUIREMENTS: Must hold AA degree or pass local standardized testing. Must be able to lift 50lbs.
HOURS: 6.5 hours per day, student contact days. Occasional required professional development days.
SALARY: Per Master Agreement
SUBMIT ON-LINE APPLICATION: www.onamia.k12.mn.us
CLOSING DATE: Until Filled