Job Summary: The Intervention Specialist teacher supports school staff and students in the implementation and evaluation of a multi-tiered system of support (MTSS) in academics and behavior. The focus area for this position will be to provide support for students in reading, math, and/or behavior.
The posted position is available for the 2019-2020 school year, with the possibility of continuing.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Prepare and deliver effective intervention strategies in an individual or small group setting.
- Interpret assessment data to drive instruction that addresses student learning needs
- Understand and implement a multi-tiered system of supports (MTSS) for academics and behavior.
- Meet regularly with the building principal, intervention specialists and school problem solving teams to ensure consistency of the MTSS implementation.
- Remain current with research and best practices in MTSS and evidence-based instruction through professional readings, trainings, workshop attendance and other methods, as appropriate.
- Provide building leadership to support staff.
- Must hold valid Minnesota teaching license.
- K-12 Reading License preferred
- 5 or more years of teaching experience
- Experience with Multi-tiered System of Supports and the problem-solving process
- Knowledgeable about current research and best practices in MTSS and PLCs
- Skilled in application of research-based and best practice interventions academics and behavior
- Effective communication skills and ability work collaboratively with students, school personnel, and parents
- Skilled in the use of a variety of technology tools and programs including Microsoft Office, data warehouses such as AIMSweb, Mastery Connect and instructional management systems