Welcome to Spring Lake Park Schools! We are a vibrant school community serving about 6,200 students from the suburbs of Blaine, Fridley and Spring Lake Park, in the northern Minneapolis-St. Paul metropolitan area. Our district purpose — “High expectations, high achievement for all. No excuses” – provides our focus to meet the unique and varied needs of each student.
Spring Lake Park Schools is recognized for our commitment to personalized learning, creating a culture of innovation and creativity through human-centered design thinking. We are working to create a system – a culture with a methodology and set of processes – where teachers and staff have the freedom, flexibility and invitation to design new ways of learning centered around deepening student engagement to continuously improve student success.
The successful candidate will be an individual who …
… firmly believes:
- all students can and will learn, and that their learning can be directly influenced by focusing on factors over which we have control;
- in the need to work interdependently with teachers, school, and district leaders throughout the system, aligning the work of adults around improving student learning by meeting the needs, interests, and aspirations of students;
- in the need to work in partnership with staff to continuously improve practices to enhance student and family engagement, creating the conditions for equity, excellence and student success; and
- in personalizing learning for students, meeting academic, social, and emotional needs and aspirations so that each student feels valued and has a sense of belonging, leading to academic success
Duties of this job include, but are not limited to:
- utilize and grow with technology tools and plateforms to teach virtually
- provide core instruction and specific interventions to accelerate students student needs
- collaborating with Extended Flexible Learning (Virtual) teammates to design innovative and personalized learning opportunities
We strongly prefer candidates who have exhibited excellence in collaboration with colleagues and an enthusiasm to work with students. Preferred candidates will also have a demonstrated commitment to ongoing learning as evidenced by graduate-level work or an earned degree, as well as participation in professional organization conferences or seminars related to the content area.
The successful candidate must have earned a B.A. or B.S. degree and current Minnesota State Licensure in Elementary Education Birth-Gr 3, or K-6. Additional demonstrated qualifications include: commitment to the equitable education of all students; creative planning and organizational skills, and highly effective interpersonal skills. Previous experience working with elementary level students using differentiation, guided reading, and technology skills preferred. Prefer candidate with experience working with diverse learners.
Current Minnesota Elementary Education license or eligibility is required.
Highly competitive salary and benefit package for the region
How to Apply
Position will remain open until filled.
Individuals who wish to be considered for this position must apply online at https://www.applitrack.com/district16/onlineapp/default.aspx
Only qualified and appropriately licensed individuals will be considered for an interview.
For any inquiries or questions regarding the position, please feel free to contact Mike Callahan, Principal, at email@example.com or (763) 600-5500.