Check out this link to see some of the things that make OUR district a great place to work! http://youtu.be/PTABWAsbnqY
– Participation in Minnesota State retirement program. Can contribute to 403(b) and may be eligible for district match based on union contract.
– Medical insurance benefits at 25 hours per week. Participation in High Deductible plan includes contribution to a VEBA per union contract. Click here for more details.
– Position follows school calendar with the option to work in other summer paraprofessional positions if interested.
Base rate of pay is $15.75/hour. Eligible for an additional $.50 per hour once Highly Qualified status is achieved (2 or 4 year degree, OR 60 semester credits OR successful completion of the Para Pro which is offered by the district once a month).
Hours per day or per week: 4 hours per day
Position start and end time: 10:30 a.m. – 2:30 p.m.
Available for Application: October 15, 2020 until filled
This position is responsible for large-group student supervision during the lunch period at a secondary school building. Implementation of positive and consistent expectations will provide both emotional and physical safety to each individual student.
PRIMARY JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Familiarize students with and enforces a set of appropriate and expected behavioral guidelines and consequences for lunchroom and hallway during lunch periods, as directed.
- Develop and maintain positive relationships with students to enhance their self-concept and a positive attitude toward learning.
- Develop and maintain positive working relationships with all kitchen, lunchroom, and building staff so that all employees and visitors experience a positive working atmosphere of mutual respect.
- Wash lunchroom tables and provide general clean-up between lunch periods and after the last lunch period each day.
- Monitor and record student behavior in accordance with standards set forth by building administration.
- Escort students to lunchroom, restrooms, lockers, and nurse’s office, as necessary.
- Provide other student and area supervision as directed.
- Provide on-site conflict resolution, referring incidents to building administration for attention.
- Understand and maintain boundaries and confidentiality with students, families, and staff.
- Maintain a high level of fairness, confidentiality, respect and equity for all students, staff and families.
- Perform other tasks as assigned.
JOB SPECIFICATIONS (EDUCATION, LICENSE, EXPERIENCE, KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES):
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Competencies as required by State of Minnesota, Federal government, and/or District 833.
- Proven teamwork, confidentiality, and communication skills.
- Demonstrates a positive attitude and desire to work with youth in the 11-18 year age group.
- Demonstrates ability to establish guidelines of behavior and to enforce the consequences in a consistent manner.
- Demonstrates ability to supervise large groups of children ranging in number up to 150.
- Models appropriate behavior, neat appearance, and proper grammar usage for all students. Helps provide a positive learning environment.
- Actively participate in district-sponsored training when offered.
- Ability to pass Paraprofessional fitness for duty tests.
- Ability to perform routine computer functions, including email, Internet navigation and Microsoft Word.
- Ability to lift and carry 10 pounds.
- Prompt, regular and reliable attendance.
- Communicates with students, parents, co-workers, supervisors, and the community in a positive and responsive way that is consistently welcoming and enhances effective work relationships.
- Demonstrates an appreciation of diversity in all interactions and job functions.
- Trained in and experience utilizing behavioral management techniques.
- Demonstrates knowledge of behavior characteristics of secondary students.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER