Minnetonka Schools is accepting applications for Paraprofessional Substitutes to work in our elementary Spanish Immersion classrooms. We are currently collecting applications through the summer and will start the hiring process in August. These substitute opportunities would be for any of the 4 elementary buildings that offer Spanish Immersion: Clear Springs, Deephaven, Groveland, and Minnewashta. The substitute hourly rate is $16.00 per hour.
1. Provides instructional support by working with small groups and individual students under the supervision of the classroom teacher.
2. Supervise students during recess and the teacher’s lunch break and prep period.
3. Assist the licensed teacher in classroom management.
4. Performs other duties of a similar nature or level.
2. Experience in working with school age children.
3. Demonstrated ability to take initiative.
4. Demonstrated ability to respect, protect, and maintain confidentiality.
5. Demonstrated ability to follow through on a project.
6. Demonstrated organizational skills, punctuality, and efficiency.
7. Evidence of the ability and inclination to take charge of student behavior as circumstances suggest.
8. Evidence of the ability to work in a team environment.
9. Evidence of excellent human relations and oral communication skills, and interpersonal skills as applied to interaction with coworkers, supervisor, the general public, etc. sufficient to exchange or convey information and to receive work direction.