Department: Community Education, Early Childhood
Primary Objectives of the Position: Plan and provide social and emotional support for pre-K students at 3 early childhood centers. Commitment to Roseville Area Schools’ mission, “Quality Teaching and Learning for All …. Equity in All We Do.”
Major Areas of Responsibility:
- Develop, plan, and implement innovative methods to support student’s Social Emotional skill development.
- Communicate with students’ Pre-K teachers, ECSE case managers (if applicable), parents, and Pre-K leadership staff to develop goals for the child.
- Coordinate and facilitate individual family meetings and phone calls to discuss student support and progress (using interpreters as needed).
- Educates and informs staff and parents of plans, objectives, and progress as it relates to Pre-K program participation (creating visual schedules, curriculum supports, positive interventions, etc.)
- Coordinate and facilitate staff training in the area of social/emotional development.
- Develop communications to ensure that pre-K staff are aware of SEL activities and behavior intervention support in the classroom.
- Train and model classroom management techniques for teachers and paraprofessionals to include de-escalation techniques and accommodations.
- Work with classroom staff to facilitate the implementation of consistent social/emotional curriculum, supportive environments, and strategies to support classrooms and individual students.
- Facilitate the Social/Emotional Support Team.
- Maintain organized records of referral data.
- Analyze data to monitor student behavior trends.
- Maintain open communication with the Pre-K administration team and attend regular meetings to discuss program, student, teacher needs and progress.
- Demonstrate commitment to developing instruction and interventions centered in racial and cultural responsiveness.
- Other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Pre-K classroom teaching experience in developing, modifying, and implementing curriculum, learning environments and behavior interventions.
- Bachelor’s Degree in early childhood or related field.
- Minnesota teaching license in Pre-Kindergarten, Pre- K-Grade 3 or Early Childhood Family Educator preferred.
- Knowledge of developmentally appropriate early childhood program practice.
- Training in TACSEI or Pyramid Model preferred.
- Experience coaching others in a classroom setting.
Salary: 185 work days, full-time school year schedule. The start date is August 29, 2022. The salary range is $45,500 – 47,500.
Application Timeline: This Notice of Vacancy will be open until filled.
Equity Vision: Roseville Area Schools is committed to ensuring an equitable and respectful educational experience for every student, family, and staff member, regardless of race, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, socioeconomic status, ability, home or first language, religion, national origin, age, or physical appearance. Roseville Area Schools seeks individuals who embody this commitment.