$58,208 – $81,384 depending on qualifications.
40 hours per week, 52 weeks per year.
Manage and coordinate the procurement and purchasing activities for the District. Develop and implement procedures to process bids and purchase orders, develop district policies to ensure compliance with applicable state laws and regulations, and to enhance District procurement and purchasing procedures. Coordinate the distribution of supplies and equipment district-wide. Provide the school district with dependable sources of materials and services and maintain inventory control. Assist district departments in administering of contracts and bids.
- Initiates and supervises the process for acquiring all supplies, equipment and services for the district through competitive bidding, requests for proposals, informal competitive procedures or negotiations with suppliers.
- Manages and/or assists in the preparation of all bid documents including notice to bidders, instructions to bidders, specifications and forms of proposal. Evaluates proposals/bids and makes recommendations for award.
- Maintains files of all bids and quotations for the District. Responsible for compliance with State/Federal laws and school board policy regarding bids and quotations.
- Develops and administers the process for acquiring supplies, equipment, and services from minority/women-owned and other diverse suppliers through competitive procedures or negotiations with suppliers; develops relationships with and provide support to minority/women-owned and other diverse suppliers.
- Directs the accounts payable staff to ensure adherence to proper accounting procedures in processing payments for goods and services obtained through the purchase ordering system.
- Contributes to overall efficiency of District purchasing by planning and reviewing long term procurement programs. Advises and assists in the areas of cost control, supply support and inventory control. Makes recommendations designed to reduce cost and improve quality.
- Meets and confers with district personnel regarding new contracts, product information, procurement concerns, and needs in the areas of purchasing.
- Attends seminars and professional purchasing association meetings to keep abreast of current industry trends, product knowledge and techniques.
- Manages vendor relationships including locating, investigating, and establishing reliable and cost effective sources of supply; serve as a main point of contact for vendor questions; ensures vendors have adequate information with which to do business with the district.
- Responsible for district lease/purchase agreements; consults with district departments regarding needs and costs; obtains financing quotes, if applicable; maintains records of locations, costs and lease/purchase information.
- Audits invoices for accuracy and appropriate authorizations.
- Conducts training and provides assistance to Skyward purchasing module end users as needed.
- Administers District purchasing card program, including authorizing new users, setting credit limits, and monitoring fraud issues. Reviews all purchases.
- Manages District insurance needs including reporting of property and casualty claims and manage workers’ compensation program.
- Develops, implements, and maintains District fixed asset records.
- Reviews, evaluates, recommends and implements fixed asset systems and procedures.
- Coordinates and manages all copying needs of the district, including leasing or purchase of copying equipment.
- Responsible for the overall direction, coordination and evaluation of this unit.
- Develops and maintains method of copy service charge-backs to buildings and departments.
- Reviews, evaluates, recommends and implements inventory systems and procedures.
- Determines list and quality of inventory to be maintained based on usage and produces inventory reports as needed.
- Oversees physical inventory counts and audits data as needed.
- Directs the implementation of electronic vendor and warehouse catalogs and communicates information and instructions to all district personnel.
- Other duties as assigned by the District Controller.
- Bachelor’s degree in business or closely related field.
- Certified Purchasing Manager preferred.
- Minimum five years experience in purchasing in either public or private sector operation.
- Evidence of previous successful leadership or supervisory experience.