SUBJECT: School Age Care (SAC) Summer Camp at Noreen Activity Center – Special Education Paras, Grades 5-8
Positions start Friday, June 11th, 2021 and run through Friday, August 20th, 2021, Monday-Friday. Friday, June 11th hours TBD.
On Monday June 14th and 15th all positions will work 8 am-5 pm but no more than eight hours a day. No more than one week (5 days) of time off will be granted unless special conditions apply. Actual hours may vary according to enrollment. SAC will be closed Monday July 5th. 2021.
Salary range: $21.14 – 22.68 per hour per the 2019-2021 salary schedule for Special Education paraprofessionals. All positions are temporary and do not exceed 66 days of employment.
Available Shifts: Indicate the shift(s) in which you are interested:
Monday-Friday, 6:15 am – 2:45 pm
Monday-Friday, 9:30 am-6:00 pm
Friday hours could vary due to field trips.
PRIMARY FUNCTION: To support children with special needs participating in the School Age Care Summer Program. Assist site supervisors in planning and leading programming. Provide a safe, enriching, and enjoyable SAC Summer Camp experience under the direction of the Program Coordinator and the Program Managers.
- Two or more years of post-secondary training in education or a related field
- Experience in toileting and diapering
- Ability to work as a team member with staff and parents
- Ability to tolerate frequent bending and lifting
- Ability to administer a suppository if needed
- Experience with children in group situations, good communication skills, high degree of flexibility
POSITION REQUIREMENTS INCLUDE:
- Assist in the implementation and preparation of curriculum and enrichment activities for students.
- Assume responsibility for learning and adapting to each student’s special medical, physical, communicative, and emotional needs.
- Assist children with physical disabilities according to their needs, including transferring to and from wheelchairs, lifting, or positioning.
- Assist children with physical needs and personal care, including feeding, bathroom needs and personal hygiene.
- Ability to work with behaviorally challenging students including those who may be physically and verbally aggressive, effective communication skills.
- Experience working with individuals with disabilities, autism, emotional challenges, behavior challenges & trauma.
- Assist children while in mainstream activities, including swimming. Must be in the water to support children if needed.
- Ability to actively supervise and participate with all children in all activities; supervise during field trips, indoor and outdoor play. Intervene as necessary.
- Maintain a supportive, safe environment.
- Work in small groups to assist students with daily activities.
- Guide children’s behavior using a positive and consistent style. Log behavior when appropriate.
- Engage, facilitate, and demonstrate positive relationships among youth and staff.
- Ability to work as a team member.
- Help with the bike fleet
- Knowledge of and ability to implement emergency procedures.
- Carry out first aid and emergency procedures for children with special needs.
- Enforce social distancing.
- Enforce children to wear masks.
- Enforce proper hand washing and sanitizing.
- Ensure supplies and equipment is sanitized routinely.
- Must be CPR, AED, First Aid, and CPI certified.
- Mandated Reporting certified.
- Other duties as assigned by the site supervisor, program managers, and program coordinator.
- Frequent/Daily: standing, walking, swimming, biking, lifting waist to chest; lifting below waist; carrying, stooping, kneeling, crouching, squatting, twisting/pivoting, reaching, simple grasp, firm grasp, fine manipulation; feeling, talking, hearing & visual accommodation.
- Exposure to weather, daily, when supervising children outdoors, ability to walk two (2) miles on uneven terrain and the ability to lift up to 20 lbs.
- Occasional: sitting, pushing, pulling, climbing, and crawling.
- Wearing a face mask to protect the spread of COVID is required.
To be considered for this position, please apply on-line at www.isd197.org, position will remain open until filled.