SECONDARY BUSINESS MANAGER
PRIMARY FUNCTION: Coordinate and direct operational building management in the secondary schools.
ILLUSTRATED DUTIES: The essential functions of this job include, but are not limited to, the following fundamental job duties:
• Implement the budget planning and fiscal management activities as determined by the principal.
• Direct the ordering and receiving of all materials and supplies according to district guidelines.
• Manage the property accounting system according to district procedures.
• Responsible for the supervision and evaluation of assigned support staff.
• Prepare and schedule duties for all school related activities onto the master building calendar.
• Serve as liaison for community use of building.
• Review for approval all contracts with the building principal – rings, pictures, yearbooks, graduation, musical groups, etc.
• Monitor building compliance with all safety codes, practices, regulations, etc.
• Schedule transportation for co-curricular and extracurricular events, field trips and scheduling use of school vehicles.
• Assist in the coordination of all activities related to the graduation ceremony (if senior high assignment).
• Maintain a system for registration, scheduling and mark reporting of students as required by the principal.
• Other duties as assigned by the principal.
REPORTS TO: Principal
WORKS WITH: Assistant principal(s), department chairpersons, building personnel, community and ESC staff as required
SUPERVISES: Educational paraprofessionals, head cook, head custodian and selected clerical staff
EDUCATION: Bachelor’s Degree in related field.
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE, ABILITIES:
• Ability to supervise and evaluate personnel.
• Ability to work with supplementary service personnel.
• Knowledge of school accounting (UFARS) and budgeting.
• Ability to work with diverse community groups.
• Knowledge of technology as it relates to the budgeting process.
• Ability to interact effectively with staff, students, parents and community members.
EXPERIENCE: School business or other related experience preferred in school finance systems and student records/scheduling.
JOB TYPE: Full-Time
SALARY & BENEFITS: Per I-M Contract