WORK CALENDAR: 178 duty days per year.
Click link below to review the 2022-2023 ESP Work Calendar
SALARY: $15.00 per hour
Click link below to review the 2020-2022 ESP Contract containing salary schedule.
BENEFITS: Benefits available for positions working an average of 30 hours per week.
Contact the Insurance office @ 507-328-4226 for detailed insurance information. Make sure to reference the exact job posting.
If you have questions regarding a job posting, contact the Office of Human Resources @ 507-328-4253 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Additional Information: There is one 7 hour position and one 7.5 hour position available
- Working with students under the supervision of the classroom teacher.
- Monitoring students in the lunchroom and on the playground in all types of weather.
- Performs tasks within the level of responsibility of position as assigned by the supervisor.
- High School diploma or GED preferred.
- Experience working with elementary age students.
- Computer skills preferred.
- Flexibility and the ability to work as a cooperative team member.
- Positive rapport with children including the ability to correct inappropriate student behavior with fairness and consistency.
- Regular, on-time attendance is required.
In addition, the specific skills/educational qualifications for paraprofessional positions include:
- Believes that all students can attain high levels of learning.
- Takes responsibility for the learning of our students and his/her own performance.
- Possesses the knowledge and skills to build effective educational experiences that benefit all students.
- Functions as an effective member of the educational/school team.
- Won’t shy away from today’s educational challenges.
- Utilizes effective interpersonal skills.
- Has a proven track record of success.
- Works with great integrity
Commitment to Equity:
Rochester Public Schools is committed to diversifying its workforce to better reflect the community we serve. We believe the practices used in recruiting, interviewing, hiring, supporting, and promoting staff must include and honor, at every level, those who represent the diverse identities of our schools and community.
Common and Shared Accountabilities for All Positions
Employees of the Rochester Public School District #535 are expected to support the goals, model and promote an environment that is respectful for all, and work collaboratively with other staff to focus on the needs of the learner. A quality, customer focus that conveys a welcome attitude, an adaptability to change, and a desire for continuous improvement is also expected of all employees. In addition, staff are to respect confidential matters, encourage a safe and secure environment throughout the schools, and be dependable and accountable employees.
District Information: To learn more about Rochester Public Schools, visit www.rochesterschools.org.