Position: Special Education Support Professional
Schedule: 5 days / week, 5.5 hours / day, 9 months / year, M-F 7:25AM-1:25PM
Location: Parkside Elementary School
Beginning: As Agreed Upon
Rate of Pay: Per Master Agreement
Deadline to Apply: 03/30/21 or Until Filled
Under the direction of the Special Education teacher:
- Assist classroom teacher with implementation of behavior/academic plans
- Work with students to reinforce skills and lesson plans previously taught and/or teach new skills as outlined
- Potential of working 1:1 with students
- Monitor students during classroom work time and provide supervision during lunch/recess
- Assist student(s) with self-help skills such as dressing, eating, grooming, hygiene and bathroom use. Some lifting required.
- Other related duties
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Strong organizational skills, flexible, punctual, willing to learn new things
- Desire and ability to work with children with special needs(academic and/or behavior)
- Work as a team member with other adults
See why BHM Schools is the place to dream, believe and achieve. From early childhood, to kindergarten to graduation and to adulthood, the BHM School District provides a variety of opportunities for every age. Click HERE or visit our website at www.bhmschools.org to view a short video about our district.
APPLICATION PROCEDURE: Applicants interested in this position must complete an application online by visiting our district website at www.bhmschools.org.> District> Employment> Current Openings & Online Application. If you previously applied with BHM Schools and wish to update your application materials, login to AppliTrack and select ‘edit.’ If you need technical support please visit applitrack.com/apphelp for answers to frequently asked application questions or ‘submit a request‘ to AppliTrack for assistance with your application.