Next Step Program
Anticipated Start Date: As soon as possible
Salary schedule based on Teacher’s Contract, previous teaching experience and education.
Not a benefits eligible position.
Current MN teaching license or Bachelor’s degree in ANY subject area with the Short Call Substitute license
Provide academic and goal-based learning experiences that enhance student progress across all settings.
PRIMARY JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Contribute to and participate in the building student support teams.
- Work as a team member in staffings. Facilitate team meetings to review student progress and develop IEP/IFSP as related to student needs.
- Plan and implement appropriate educational programs for individuals.
- Implement educational plans as describe on individual IEP/IIIP/IFSP and provide information for building staff as needed.
- Maintain appropriate records and reports. Collect data on progress on goals and objectives for each student and meet all required timelines.
- Develop, coordinate, and evaluate transition related experiences for students, if applicable.
- Provide work direction to paraprofessional staff members.
- Communicate effectively with students, families, educators, and administrators regarding student programs and progress.
- Collaborate with students, families, related service providers, outside agencies, and other team members to promote growth of each student.
- Create and maintain a professional working relationship with families and staff.
- Determine and complete purchase orders for supplies, materials, and equipment based on student needs.
- Participate in building and District level professional development activities.
- Understand and maintain boundaries and confidentiality with students, families and staff.
- Perform all other duties and responsibilities in certification areas as directed by the Director of Special Services and/or the Building Principal.
- Other duties as assigned.
JOB SPECIFICATIONS (EDUCATION, LICENSE, EXPERIENCE, KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES):
- Current MN teaching license or Bachelor’s degree in ANY subject area with the Short Call Substitute license
- Valid drivers license
- Ability to pass training requirements for Type 3 School Bus annually.
- Prompt, regular and reliable attendance.
- Ability to perform routine computer functions, including the use of email, Microsoft Word and due process system.
- Communicates with students, parents, co-workers, supervisors, and the community in a positive and responsive way that is consistently welcoming and enhances effective work relationships.
- Demonstrates an appreciation of diversity in all interactions and job functions.
Apply online including a letter of interest and current resume
Posting will be removed from the website when the position has been filled.
Equal Opportunity Employer