Effective immediately, the Human Resources Department will accept online applications for the position of Student Supervisor (multiple positions) at Kaposia Education Center. Hours are 10:15 AM – 1:45 PM (3.5 hours per day), student-contact days only. Rate of pay is $16.45 per hour; Independent-Student Support Group.
Application Process: To be considered for a position, submit online application at www.sspps.org. Posting will remain open until positions are filled.
Supervise students under established rules, policies and procedures in a variety of areas including classrooms, hallways, lunchroom, playground and gymnasium.
- Supervise students in classrooms, lunchroom, playground, hallways or gym.
- Supervise students participating in designated classroom activities as assigned.
- Supervise students during breakfast or lunch periods.
- Oversee breakfast or lunch clean up.
- Clean and sanitize tables between lunch periods.
- Inform maintenance of any spills that need to be taken care of in the lunchroom.
- Ensure students line up and move about the lunchroom and hallways in an orderly and safe manner.
- Communicate with students in a positive and supportive manner.
- Assist with creating and maintaining a positive and safe environment for all students.
- Manage student conflicts using established procedures and processes.
- Intervene in inappropriate behavior and record major behavior issues on the office referral form.
- Ensure students line up and move through school in an orderly and safe manner.
- Be a positive example by modeling respectful behavior and using problem-solving strategies.
- Cultivate and develop inclusive and equitable working relationships with all students, staff, families and community members.
- Adhere to staff and program guidelines and district procedures and policies.
- Demonstrate prompt, regular and reliable attendance.
- Other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Experience working with groups of elementary-aged children preferred.
- Training or experience in conflict resolution.
- Demonstrated ability to treat all students respectively and equitably.
- Ability to perform computer functions, including the use of Google apps, email, Internet navigation and Microsoft Office
Regularly required to sit, stand, walk, talk, hear, operate a computer and other office equipment, reach with hands and arms, and must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Vision abilities required include close vision.