**If you are a current active (meaning you worked during the previous school year) substitute teacher for the district you do NOT need to reapply to substitute teach for this school year**


Candidates interested in becoming a substitute teacher for Eastern Carver County Schools must hold a valid Minnesota teaching license issued by the Minnesota Professional Licensing and Standards Board. The district will accept a short call substitute license, see details below or refer to our district website at www.district112.org for more information.

The substitue teacher rate of pay is $143 per full day and $71.50 per half day. If you are a retired teacher from ECCS the rate is $148 per full day and $74.00 per half day.

The district’s substitutes access assignments 24/7 via Absence Management (AESOP).  You can choose which schools you’ll accept jobs from, what times you would like to be called, what days you are not available to work and more!

A background check will be conducted.

If recommended for employment, applicant will provide proof of legal right to work in the United States if required.

Application Process:
Please complete an online application and be sure to inlcude e-mail addresses for all references, electronic reference checks are conducted, minimum of three references required.  Those who meet district requirments will have their applciaiton screened. Once accepted you will receive an e-mail listing next steps. 

Short Call Substitute Licenses:
Eastern Carver County Schools will accept short call substitute licenses. You can apply for this licensure through Minnesota’s Professional Licensing and Standards Board website, if you have a Bachelor’s degree. Please contact PELSB for all licensing questions, not the school district. We do require an online training for all hired substitute teachers who hold a short call substitute license.  This also applies to individuals holding 2-year licenses that are subbing in other districts.  You will be paid for a 1/2 day of training upton compleation.

Specific questions can be e-mailed to Jean White at WhiteJ@district112.org
Licensing questions should be directed to PELSB customer service at 651-539-4200